Recommended wireless solution for laptop

Hi,
Can anyone recommend a particular PCMCIA or USB WiFi adaptor suitable for laptop use. I’ve been looking for ones based on the Prism chipset, but all the ones I have found are either discontinued or for whatever reason not available in the UK.

I’m happy to buy second hand if anyone has one that works under QNX 6.2.1 that they no longer require!

Thanks

Garry

I have a 2 year old Orinoco silver (flashed to gold) 802.11b PCMCIA card that works beautifully under 6.2.1. I’d buy a nice 200mW Senao or SMC card if I had to do it again. The SMC 2532W-B as opposed to a Senao, the SMC has both an internal antenna, and connectors for dual-external antenna, unlike the Senao.

Ciao.

Thanks for the reply, I can’t seem to find the SMC in any UK shops though, maybe it’s not available here :frowning:

I’ve seen that there is a an orinoco driver for QNX, does this mean that anything like ths: expansys.com/product.asp?code=106141 would work, or are there variations on the chipset?

Cheers

Garry

Hmmm, more people looking for drivers for recent hardware…

Phearbear ported the ATMEL WLAN driver. More info: qnxzone.com/?q=node/view/67

Belkin, Conceptronics, 3Com, these are some vendors supporting prism2 or atmel

I personally am interested in an realtek 8180 driver. There are numerous PCMCIA cards supporting that chip. Is there anyone working on a realtek 8180 driver ?