PCI ADQ HARDWARE ANALOG INPUTS

LOOKING FOR A CHEAP ADQ BOARD - ANY BODY KNOWS WERE I CAN BUY ONE… OR ANYONE HAS ONE FOR SALE

MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
SLOT = PCI
INPUT = 4 ANALOG - Simultaneous sampling
RANGE = 0 to +12 volts
SAMPLING RATE = 1000 samples per sec - sampling controled
by an external signal or pc interruption to card
ADC’s RESOLUTION = 12 bit
DRIVERS AND SOFTWARE = For qnx 6 or open source to adapt them for qnx 6

Grupo de Aprehensión y Manipulación de Objetos
Instituto de Organización y Control de Sistemas Industriales
Universidad Politécnica de Cataluña

Are you sure you need simultaneous? The usual method is to have one fast sampler fed from a mux circuit. The mux doubles as a surge surpressor.

Simultaneous sampling hikes the price. I suspect the only cards that will do this are ones designed to be computer based oscilloscopes and they come with all the bells&whistles so you won’t be getting cheap and you prolly won’t be getting any choice on the software either.

One option will be to get two sound cards and adapt their stereo inputs electrically. This is no good if you also need syncronised sampling unless you can find one with quadraphonic input.

IF THE SAMPLING FREQUENCY IS HI ENOUGH I THINK THAT THE CONTROL SYSTEM WON’T BE AFFECTED… DO YOU KNOW ANY “CHEAP FAST CARDâ€

I’ve always used Advantech, I find them good value for industrial gear and the local support helps too. The main stay of their A/D cards has been the PCI-1710 series and it’s ISA predecessor the PCL-818. But as you’ll see there is some new input-only cards in the stables now, namly PCI-1713 and PCI-1714.

advantech.com/products/sub_c … -KNLRK&PD=

Motion control is usually done by quadrature signals. Rotary encoders can be very cheap. And various types of linear tranducers that have quadrature outputs is also common due to their cost being similar to a linear encoder which is not normally cheap. But, as per usual, the dot-pitch is the major factor in hiking the price.

eagle.co.za
They have a selection, and they have a driver framework which has been ported to QNX6.