QNX for dummies

hi all,

i’ve posted this elsewhere but i think this message really belongs here. i’m a super newbie to qnx and i’m trying to set up phindows on a machine running qnx and a machine runnin winxp… i have NO IDEA how to do this or where to look for phindows …
someone plz help…

… i figured some changes have to be made to inetd… the manual says inetd should be running with proper configuration… how do i make sure its runnign…
the manual also says the remote host must have tcp/ip installed and running… how do i make sure its installed and runnign?..

my questions prolly give you an idea how new to this i am… so guys plz be descriptive.,…

inetd can be run manually for a starters. It’s default config should do the job you need so no need to fiddle with any settings. The remote host is most likely a modern version of Windoze so it’ll have TCP/IP already running.

To have inetd auto-start on boot up, add the command into the script file /etc/rd.d/rc.local
This file may not exist in which case create it yourself.

Phindows is I beleive only included in the PE (professional) version. To install it you need to install the whole Windows development environment.

You may be able to purchase it stand alone, I don’t know.