Loss of new files on reboot??

I have a dual-booted WinNT/QNX 4.25B development system and for some reason I am losing newly created files when I reboot. WinNT is on the first partition (4 under QNX), and the QNX OS is on the second partition (3 under QNX).

I have a second QNX partition (partition type 78) that I use for addition storage off of the OS partition. There is no problem with files that I write to that partition. Only the OS partition loses files when I reboot. I don’t understand it. (Windows NT also has an extended partition with a logical partition on it that is not viewable from QNX)

I was told to try the command “sync” before shutting down, but that did not work either.

I do use a program within WinNT called “WinQFiles” (I think that’s what it is called) in order to access the QNX partitions so I can burn ISO images under NT. But I use this program to access both partitions, so I would expect that both would be affected if this was causing the problem.

Does anyone have any idea why this would happen? Any suggestions? Only new files are affected, older ones that existed before the problem started are still there when I reboot.

Could this be caused by the Fsys process shutting down irregularly or crashing for some reason? Is there a way to test for this?