What am I doing wrong here?!!?

Andy, to give you a step by step, you need to tell us what you are have on your hands. It’s impossible to give step by step procedure for every possible scenario (and there are lots…) If you have floppies that means you have OLD version of 4.25. Probably the first release. Patch G I beleive. In between patch A-G was added support for big HD … Solution, get the lastest version which is on CD (not available on floppy anymore). Contact sales.

Yes vmware and virtualpc emulate a PC at the hardware level. I’m 100% sure QNX4 and 6 works on this. QNX 6.3 even includes a gfx driver for VMWare. I have been using VMWare for many months now and I love it . You do loose some speed through the emulation but (20-50% depending on type of operation). But gone are the days of figuring out if the graphics card, the chipset, the network , the mouse. I can even get QNX to do backup on DVD ;-)

What are you trying to do with QNX4? I mean if you can’t install it nor get the CD working how far do you expect to get with QNX4? You seems rather frustrated by the whole experience ( I sympathise), imagine how pissed you’ll be once you get it installed and try to use it for real :wink:

Again, you have an old version of QNX4.25 and it’s not autodetecting the CD rom. The issue has nothing to do with VMWare. You say you have a CD with Photon. Depending how old this is, you probably have QNX on it as well and can probably boot from it to install a more recent version of QNX4.25. What’s the date on the CD.

Is there any way I can download Patch G and use it with my existing QNX floppies to install?

Yes but it’s not easy I don’t think you should take that route. Get the latest CD instead, or get your QNX installed in VMWARE to see the CD-ROM. I think in VMWare if you set the CD rom to appear a primary slave it could be autodetected.

qnx.com/developers/qnx4/qnx4 … ?code=9371

Also check:

qnx.com/developers/qnx4/qnx4 … ?code=1281
qnx.com/developers/qnx4/qnx4 … ?code=9512

You should read the doc on Fsys.eide, Iso9660Fsys. That should tell you how to get QNX to mount the CD-ROM.