problem with ifconfig

I’m working with a PC-104 and OS qnx 6.2.1b.My goal is create an imagefile (see below for source code) to use ftp and telnet .My PC-104 is connected to a lan ethernet.When i start my imfs shell tells me: “Ifconfig: can’t set destination address on non point-to-point link”, even if ping works ok.When other computers (with OS w2k professional) try to connect me with telnet, prompt tells :“Can’t open a connection on port 23.Connection refused”, but i’ve created devc-pty (shouldn’t give me any problem of port ).Configuration file haven’t got change, and i use only qnx editor (shouldn’t give me any problem with CRLF end-of-file as windows’ editor do).What kind of problems can i have?Thanks beforehand.

[virtual=x86,bios +compress] .bootstrap={
startup-bios
PATH=/:/proc/boot LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/:/proc/boot:/usr/lib procnto
}
[+script] .script={
procmgr_symlink …/…/proc/boot/libc.so.2 /usr/lib/ldqnx.so.2
seedres
pipe &
pci-bios &
waitfor /dev/pci
devb-eide &
devc-ser8250 &
devc-pty -n 4 &
io-net -d rtl -p tcpip &
if_up -p en0
waitfor /dev/socket
netmanager &
ifconfig en0 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx netmask 255.255.255.0 add route default=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx &
devc-con &
devc-pty -n 4
inetd &
waitfor /dev/con1
reopen /dev/con1
[+session] esh &
}

libc.so
libsocket.so
libcam.so
librpc.so
io-blk.so
fs-qnx4.so
cam-disk.so
npm-tcpip.so
devn-rtl.so

/etc/passwd=/etc/passwd
/etc/inetd.conf=/etc/inetd.conf
/etc/services=/etc/services
/etc/net.cfg=/etc/net.cfg
/etc/ftpusers=/etc/ftpusers
/etc/dhcpd.conf=/etc/dhcpd.conf
/etc/group=/etc/group
/etc/hosts=/etc/hosts
/etc/termcap=/etc/termcap

/usr/lib/terminfo/a=/usr/lib/terminfo/a
/usr/lib/terminfo/v=/usr/lib/terminfo/v
[type=link] /dev/console = /dev/con1
[type=link] /usr/lib/ldqnx.so.2=/proc/boot/libc.so
[type=link] /usr/sbin=/proc/boot
[type=link] /bin/login = /bin/esh
[type=link] /tmp=/dev/shmem

[code=uip data=copy perms=+r,+x]
seedres
pipe
devb-eide
devc-pty
devc-con
devc-ser8250
mount
umount
mkdir
route
if_up
telnetd
ftpd
esh
passwd
chmod
inetd
ifconfig
ls
netmanager
ps
pci-bios
io-net
/usr/bin/ftp
/usr/bin/telnet
/usr/bin/ping

che rassa de problema ti ga vecio, ghe sboro !!! :open_mouth:

Maybe inetd can’t find the telnetd executable. Start inetd with -d to get debug output

Thanks for the suggest.I´ve launched inetd with option -d, and when others try to connect me (always with telnet) shell tells me:
“accept, crtl 3”
(pid) execl /usr/sbin/telnetd
(pid) reaped, status 0x100"
I´ve tried to use telnet with qnx 6.2.1b (here telnet works ok) and the message “reaped 0x100” is shown only when i(or others) close connection (the first two lines are the same).Furthermore, telnet (that i´ve included in my buildfile)don´t show on w2k´s pc “login: (username)”, but displays “connection to host lost”.Is a problem of telnetd? i´ve included it in /usr/sbin (inetd should find it…).

run dumpifs on your image and make sure it looks right. I think you have to add -v to mkifs to get it to be verbose enough to see some problems.

It certainly looks like the execl /usr/sbin/telnetd fails or telnetd exits right away. Is it possible that telnetd needs some shared object or other file that you are not including?

In thinking about it, that makes the most sense. telnetd starts (so inetd doesnt’ complain), but it immediately exits because it is missing something it needs.

Rick…

ifconfig en0 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx netmask 255.255.255.0 add route default=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx &

I don’t think ifconfig works that way. You need “route” utility, and do

ifconfig en0 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx netmask 255.255.255.0
route add default xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

Hi! ifconfig don’t give me any problems now…so thanks xtang!Telnet works ok (from my image to other qnx) but don’t works in the opposite sense… also i think (in according with rick) that it’s a problem of sharing object (because i’ve tried to telnet myself and shell shows “Escape character is …”), but next step is to show "Login: " on shell and i’ve included it in bin/login!!..i’ve seen other makefile on web that should give the same result that i would have, but it isn’t so … :imp: