JED

Hello,

Has anyone tried to install jed on QNX? I have some problems. I have installed s-lang library with no problems, but I have problems installing JED. I use ./config --prefix=/usr/local/jed command and everything seems ok. Then I use make command and I have error saying that there is no reference for gethotbyname in userinfo.c. Can anybody tell me whats the problem?

Darius

gethostbyname is part of socket library, you will need to add -lsocket to your LIBS

Hello,

I can’t find this library in QNX installation or in JED distribution. Maybe you know where I can download it? Google wasn’t helpful very much

Darius

socket library is part of QNX. Do a

ls -l /lib/socket

to see if you can “see” them.

If not, you are having a bigger problem.

Or, why can’t you use the already built package in QNX 3rd party repository?

Hello,

I’m trying to learn some basic QNX/UNIX using features such as compiling and installing. I can’t develop apps not knowing basic knowledge about using QNX :slight_smile:

Darius

Hello,

I found socket libraries, but I didnt find LIBS. Is it system variable? If so where it is stored. I used jed’s configure option --libpath=/lib and everything went ok. Now I’m using jed :slight_smile: But still I want to know about LIBS. Is it variable or maybe it must be stored in makefile of jed or smth. Thanks again.

Darius