AbiWord: problems

Hello,

I have tried to install AbiWord 1.0.2. Everything was clear and ok. I have used configure without any parameters and all was ok. Actualy I got some error about psiconv, wv, zlib and libpng, but I solved these. So then I used make and all was ok until I got message can’t find rules for target 'qnx/o’ ??? I figured out, that this makefile resides in /abiword-1.0.2/abi/src/af/ev. I tried to find source for this error, even used make -d, but I can’t understand where is these rules which do not let to build target for qnx/.o. with xp/*.o everything was ok. configure utility told me that I am using QNX etc. Seems everything has to be ok, but… Any ideas? I have searched through QNX forums, but didn’t find how to solve my problem. Any ideas are wellcom.
Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Darius

what version of qnx are you using i installed it from the reperatory and had absolutly no problems and i am running 6.3…

Hello,

I am using 6.2.1 NC, but I think this is not a problem.

Hello,

I still can’t find the solution, plese help me.

Darius

I think the point was why are you trying to compile it when you can just install it from the 3rd party repo?

Rick…

Hello,

In fact I can’t. I have two computers: one running QNX, second windows. QNX computer has no internet connection. I have downloaded on other computer 3rd party tools as ISO image and there are only sources and that sources do not compile :frowning: Seceond thing if I will compile I will be more experienced than just installing from repository

Darius

The third part tools CD does have a repo on it - if you point the installer at it, you will see.

Your choice about compiling, but I would learn the process with something simplier. Once you are comfortable with it, then take on the larger projects and you should be able to figure them out.

Rick…

Hello,

There is no package files in the iso. There is one big *.zip file with sources and lots of directories with license files. Thats all. No packages, so I need to compile myself and install.

Darius

Now I admit that I haven’t played with the 3rd party cd in a while, but last time I did, it certainly had a repository on it. Perhaps your downloaded image was incomplete? Or they changed it (for the worse).

Rick…