QNET Problems

Hi,

I have several machines with QNX 6.1 installed, and several others with QNX 6.2.1 installed.

The qnet works perfectly on all the machines which have 6.1 installed. However, qnet doesn’t even start up on the 6.2.1 machines. If I manually start qnet using the command ‘io-net -p qnet’ then the /net directory will be created, but the 6.2.1 machine doesn’t recognize the 6.1 machines and vice-versa.

Does the qnet version included in 6.1 work with the version included in 6.2.1? If so, how do I get it to work?

I would also like to know whether or not the qnet included in QNX 6.3 will work with any previous versions.

Thanks,

Andy

Check out this thread.

OK Thanks, so 6.2.1 can work with 6.3 if you use the compatability driver… but how about 6.1 with 6.2.1 or 6.1 with 6.3? Any ideas?

Andy

I hope you have done the second part of the base Momentics install of QNX 6.2.1. If you don’t know what I’m talking about then you prolly haven’t been doing it. QNX 6.2.1 starts off as a partial install of QNX 6.2.0 and the second stage patches you up to 6.2.1 and finishes the install.

OK I checked with the guy who did the software installations on the machines and he only used the first CD… I will try installing the second one and hopefully that will get qnet up and working on the 6.2.1 machines.

Once I do that do you know if they will communicate with the 6.1 or 6.3 machines over qnet?

Thanks

It’s all on the same CD. Just poke it back in and run the Installer.

I don’t know for sure about 6.1 but the 6.3 issue is well covered already, basically there is an API change that affects apps running on the 6.3 boxes. So, even though qnet-compat is still the same as the original qnet, not all apps are happy with that.

OK Thank you everyone, I think that I have things under control now.

Andy