Install QNX 6.3.0 via Boot Floppy

Hej All,

I’m actually downloading the QNX 6.3.0 eval ISO image for x86 self host to try it out on my old Laptop (P133, 32MB RAM, 1,2 GB HDD).
Unfortunatly my Laptop isn’t able to boot from CD. Is there a way to create a Floppy Disk to boot from, and then while booting the installer accesses the CD to install QNX on my harddisk ?
Well, actually pretty much like any other OS (say, booting FreeBSD from Floppy and install it from CD).

While I google’d around, it looked like the only way to install QNX 6.3.0 is by booting from CD :-/

Any hints very much appreciated.

thanks in advance,
Rabauke

sure.

Just find the file “instflop.dat” on the CD and make a boot floppy out of that file, using the rawrite utility (find it on google).

thanks for the tip. I got the instflop.dat and created a boot disks.
He starts booting with “Hit Esc for .altboot…” and I thought, well, maybe I don’t hit ESC ;)
However, he stops with the message
“No QNX 6.1 or greater filesystems available to mount.”
Well, of course, the disk only contains OpenBSD Filesystems … and I wanted to delete them all to have the whole disc for QNX. Apparantly I got no option to do so :-/

any more tips ?

thanks and best regards,
Marian

During the floppy boots, is the QNX CD in the CD drive? The boot floppy will attempt to find the QNX on the CD or hard drive, and print the error “No QNX 6.1 or greater filesystems available to mount.” if that fails. Since you don’t have the QNX on HD, you will have to make sure QNX CD is in there.