Qnx @ Startup

Hello,

I have recently installed QNX and am trying to get USB support up and running automagically at startup.

I have tried adding the devu-uhci, devu-mouse and devi-hirun commands to /etc/rc.d/rc.local and the first two run and work fine. However i get errors related to PhOpen on devi-hirun.

I believe this has to do with Photon not being started yet (and devi-hirun being for Photon). So … is there a script/way I can have the devi-hirun command run just after Photon loads (ie at the logon screen)?

I have tried adding the 3 commands into ~/.ph/phapps but that only works for root (as the cmds have to be run as root).

Finally, I tried adding various combinations of sleeps between the commands in the rc.local script to no avail.

Or is there a totally different/better way to go about this?

Thanks,
Kristan

Hi

I think your problem can be solved by adding a “waitfor” in rc.local. Thus you
actually block waiting for /dev/ukbd and /dev/umouse (if that’s the name, i
don’t use usb kbb/mouse so don’t remember exact names).

copy over the waitfor function for rc.sysinit and paste in rc.local. Then put
sth like

devu-uhci &
devu-ohci & (<== see which one is needed for you)
waitfor /dev/ukbd 30
waitfor /dev/umouse 30

Hope that helps

Previously K. S. said-

Hello,

I have recently installed QNX and am trying to get USB support up and running automagically at startup.

I have tried adding the devu-uhci, devu-mouse and devi-hirun commands to /etc/rc.d/rc.local and the first two run and work fine. However i get errors related to PhOpen on devi-hirun.

I believe this has to do with Photon not being started yet (and devi-hirun being for Photon). So … is there a script/way I can have the devi-hirun command run just after Photon loads (ie at the logon screen)?

I have tried adding the 3 commands into ~/.ph/phapps but that only works for root (as the cmds have to be run as root).

Finally, I tried adding various combinations of sleeps between the commands in the rc.local script to no avail.

Or is there a totally different/better way to go about this?

Thanks,
Kristan

Keep Smiling

• mritunjai

I think your problem can be solved by adding a “waitfor” in rc.local. Thus you
actually block waiting for /dev/ukbd and /dev/umouse (if that’s the name, i
don’t use usb kbb/mouse so don’t remember exact names).

I used a test call for /dev/usbmouse0 and forwarded the output from a ls /dev to a text file.
Before the test call /dev/usbmouse0 wasn’t there, after the call it was but the devi-run call still
bombed.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Kristan <>< ><>

K.S. <kristan.nospam@magma.ca> wrote:

devi-run call still
bombed.

Yeah, devi needs Photon to be running. Take a look at /usr/bin/ph, it is
the shell script that starts up photon. You should be able to easily find
the spot where it starts the input driver.

chris

cdm@qnx.com > “The faster I go, the behinder I get.”

Chris McKillop – Lewis Carroll –
Software Engineer, QSSL
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<