Haven’t had any luck solving this on the newsgroup:
I installed QNX 6.3.0 from CD to secondary master 2.5gig HD, specified to use QNX boot loader, chose “put on both drive 1 and drive 2 boot sector”. I just see the “Hit Esc for .altboot” and a blinking cursor (no dots). Only thing I can do is ctrl-alt-del. Tried Esc, doesn’t do anything. Tried copying /.altboot to /.boot, didn’t help. I have spent a lot of time on this already, trying all sorts of things. But I’m rather inexperienced with the details of MBR vs boot loader stages etc so troubleshooting is very partial.
- My primary master has win2k, primary slave is CD-ROM, there is no secondary slave. PC is an AMD K6-2.
- The secondary master used to have Suse Linux, with lilo as boot loader so I could choose between win2k and lilo.
- fdisk info:
_____OS_____ Start End ______Number______ Size Boot
- NTFS 7 0 254 254 4096512 2000 MB *
- Extd’d 15 255 1243 988 15888285 7757 MB
- QNZ 79 0 618 618 4991553 2437 MB *
I don’t know if it makes sense for two partitions to be “boot”, I thought only one was possible.
4) Drive 1 (hd0) shows from BIOS it is LBA w/ UDMA 2, whereas Drive 2 (hd1) is LBA w/ Mode 4 (whatever that is).
Any help would be greatly appreciated.