A HA!!! Thanks Robert, that was it… What I don’t really get is why it
went to hell when all I was doing was stuff in /usr/ and nothing under /etc.
I thought symbolic links would stay around if their target was unavailable,
but using them would cause errors…
Thanks for the hint though, it’s nice to be able to work again
<email@example.com> wrote in message news:firstname.lastname@example.org…
Ron Cococcia <> email@example.com> > wrote:
I verfied that /usr/watcom was in place and all symbolic links were in
An example of a failure is with ‘string.hpp’. On the working drive,
string.hpp only exists in /usr/watcom/10.6/usr/include/string.hpp. I
sure this matches on the “broken” drive, and it’s the same. I’m
if there’s some path include definition somewhere in some file that got
changed or is broken. The files that fail to be opened during compile
all those in /usr/watcom/10.6/usr/include that aren’t symbolically
/usr/include (but they shouldn’t be, as the working drive I have doesn’t
have them linked either).
Don’t forget the magic file /etc/default/cc – mine’s a symlink:
default/cc@ → /usr/watcom/10.6/etc/default/cc
“Richard R. Kramer” <> firstname.lastname@example.org> > wrote in message
news:> 3C19236D.87972ECA@kramer-smilko.com> …
Watcom seems to want the structure of symbolic links intact. Look at
backup drive for /usr/watcom and make sure that’s also there.
Ron Cococcia wrote:
I just did a pretty stupid thing, and now I need a tiny bit of help.
I was clearing up space on a hard drive, getting rid of the compiler
the include/lib files, when I realized I was deleting them off my
development drive. I had deleted /usr/watcom, /usr/lib, and
I might have deleted /usr/tcptk too, but I figured out what I was
wrong before that.
I have a backup copy of my dev drive which should have all of those
directories intact. I and copy (using "cp -R -L -M unix ")
put the files back in place. However, after I do this, I try to
simple application I have and I get include errors (“unable to
streambu.h from iostream.h”). From the backup drive, I can compile
program with no problem.
The thing I’m wondering is what might I have deleted or need to
fix this include problem (and any others that I might have
compared the include and lib paths between my main drive and the
they both show the same number of files.
Ron “that was stupid” Cococcia
Robert Krten, PARSE Software Devices +1 613 599 8316.
Realtime Systems Architecture, Consulting and Training at > www.parse.com
Email my initials at parse dot com.