dual boot QNX 4.25E + WinXP D800

Greetings
I installed QNX 4.25E and WinXp in Dell D800 laptop. The HD is 30GB. I installed QNX in the first 2 GB and used QNX loader to boot both Oses. The problem is QNX hang at:
QNX Loader
Boot Partition 3
Press ESC for alternate OS…

I guess it was a hardware problem. Anybody had similar experience? The installation seemed no any problem

Thanks

Taudi

How many dots after “alternate OS”. How did you installed QNX4? How cylinder does 2G partition uses

There were two dots after “alternate OS”. I used installation floppy disk and installation CD. After QNX loaded and detected the hardware, it showed two partiotions: 1 QNX 2, 26GB which was XP /dev/hd0.0t7, 2 available partition /dev/hd0.0t77 2GB. Should they be hd0t77 and hd0t7? QNX 4.25 installation could not recognize NTFS? The 2GB partition is located at 0-261 cylinder. I serched some posts. I did a dinit -O-b -h /dev/hd0.0t77 at the end of installation. Then it showed “alternate OS.!”. Finally I tried using Virtual PC in WinXp to install QNX and it worked.

Could this be caused by hardrive misconfiguration?

Thank you so much for your reply and help

Taudi

Dell D800 BIOS shows 30GB, while QNX installation shoed 28GB, Could this disparity also cause the problem?

The problem was fixed. At the end of installation, dinit -O -b -h /dev/hd0.0t77 and also rebuild the .boot file and regenerate sysinit file.

Thanks