ISO checksum? (or at least size)

Is the checksum for the new ISO file available somewhere for me to compare
with?

I let the image download while I was at lunch and now I don’t know if it
finished properly or if it died near the end.

The file size I got is

463765504

is that okay at least? (It doesn’t match the “442MB” stated on the
download page)

Also, is there an FTP site that I could use instead of get.qnx.com? (That
way I could at least see the file size.)

Thanks!

Dana

Dana Echtner \ Real-Time Systems Administrator
dana@ece.concordia.ca / ECE, Concordia University, Montreal, Canada

rw-rw-rw-: The file protection of the beast

I don’t know about the Checksum just yet but if you go to your local Tucows
site they have recently added a QNX section, from here you can download the
ISO image.

“Dana Echtner” <dana@ece.concordia.ca> wrote in message
news:9j4h92$3b7$1@inn.qnx.com

Is the checksum for the new ISO file available somewhere for me to compare
with?

I let the image download while I was at lunch and now I don’t know if it
finished properly or if it died near the end.

The file size I got is

463765504

is that okay at least? (It doesn’t match the “442MB” stated on the
download page)

Also, is there an FTP site that I could use instead of get.qnx.com? (That
way I could at least see the file size.)

Thanks!

Dana

Dana Echtner \ Real-Time Systems Administrator
dana@ece.concordia.ca > / ECE, Concordia University, Montreal, Canada

rw-rw-rw-: The file protection of the beast

fliu@bb:~$ ls -l *iso
-rw-r–r-- 1 fliu fliu 461156352 Jun 29 20:44 qnxrtp.iso
fliu@bb:~$ cksum qnxrtp.iso
1067747022 461156352 qnxrtp.iso

On Sat, 21 Jul 2001, QNX Fan wrote:

I don’t know about the Checksum just yet but if you go to your local Tucows
site they have recently added a QNX section, from here you can download the
ISO image.

“Dana Echtner” <> dana@ece.concordia.ca> > wrote in message
news:9j4h92$3b7$> 1@inn.qnx.com> …

Is the checksum for the new ISO file available somewhere for me to compare
with?

I let the image download while I was at lunch and now I don’t know if it
finished properly or if it died near the end.

The file size I got is

463765504

is that okay at least? (It doesn’t match the “442MB” stated on the
download page)

Also, is there an FTP site that I could use instead of get.qnx.com? (That
way I could at least see the file size.)

Thanks!

Dana

Dana Echtner \ Real-Time Systems Administrator
dana@ece.concordia.ca > / ECE, Concordia University, Montreal, Canada

rw-rw-rw-: The file protection of the beast
\

Frank Liu wrote:

fliu@bb:~$ ls -l *iso
-rw-r–r-- 1 fliu fliu 461156352 Jun 29 20:44 qnxrtp.iso
fliu@bb:~$ cksum qnxrtp.iso

Well, that’s not quite what I get, but inspired by QNX Fan’s idea of
viewing the ISO image as a filesystem first I just mounted it under Linux
as a filesystem and check it out and it looks good.

Thanks for your help!

Dana

Dana Echtner \ Real-Time Systems Administrator
dana@ece.concordia.ca / ECE, Concordia University, Montreal, Canada

rw-rw-rw-: The file protection of the beast

Good catch! Apparently QSSL did something. They re-released 6.1 !!!
I just checked their web site. The new qnxrtp.iso was put on there
with a date “Thu, 05 Jul 2001 18:12:16 GMT” (about a week after
I got mine), the new one has a size of “463765504” which matches
the size of the one on Tucows though tucow’s has a date of Jul 16.

I really don’t like this. If you release it, you release it.
If you want to change anything, mark it with a new version number.

BTW, can something post a Changes file between RTP6.1 Jun 29 version
and RTP6.1 Jul 5 version?

Frank

On Mon, 23 Jul 2001, Dana Echtner wrote:

Frank Liu wrote:

fliu@bb:~$ ls -l *iso
-rw-r–r-- 1 fliu fliu 461156352 Jun 29 20:44 qnxrtp.iso
fliu@bb:~$ cksum qnxrtp.iso

Well, that’s not quite what I get, but inspired by QNX Fan’s idea of
viewing the ISO image as a filesystem first I just mounted it under Linux
as a filesystem and check it out and it looks good.

Thanks for your help!

Dana

Dana Echtner \ Real-Time Systems Administrator
dana@ece.concordia.ca > / ECE, Concordia University, Montreal, Canada

rw-rw-rw-: The file protection of the beast

“Dana Echtner” <dana@ece.concordia.ca> wrote in message
news:9j4h92$3b7$1@inn.qnx.com

The file size I got is

463765504

is that okay at least? (It doesn’t match the “442MB” stated on the
download page)

That does match 442 Mb. Remember that there are 1024 kilobytes in a
megabyte, and 1024 bytes in a kilobyte, not 1000. So 463765504 bytes is
452896 Kb, which is 442.28125 Mb.