QNX 6.2.1 NC for Embedded System

Hi all, First I really appologize if this question have been asked previously but i’ve searched around the threads and I can’t find the appropriate answer. I’ve some questions regarding QNX 6.2.1 NC. I am working on my final year project & that is an Autonomous Ground Vehicle. Its a small vehicle which could reach to it’s destination in a closed environment. I would need a camera to provide it with vision capabilities. Also I wanted my system to be purely embedded and it can boot from a USB Flash Drive and there is no hardware connected. Also there won’t be any monitor on my final prototype. I would use serial terminal for debugging. I will be using Intel P4 or P3 processor with compatable Intel original board or maybe some other. I am making the feasibility of OS for this project & definately the OS will be RT. I can not purchase QNX 6.3 SE or Professional & If i download eval than it’ll be expire in 30 days. So I am wandering around 6.2.1 NC. But I haven’t found some tools in this release like mkifs or mkefs to build custom image. & it’s just a start and definately there will be lack lots of other things in 6.2.1 NC which I’m thinking. I wanted to know is QNX 6.2.1 NC is right choice for this or not. Or some other RTOS which I can get free. Or is it better to build a customized Linux version. Any information, suggestion, guide is needed.
Thanx in advance.

I’m ending my final year proyect, and it’s about autonomous vehicles too. I’ve used QNX 6.2.1 PE. (I was lucky because my university already had it, so I didn’t have to pay anything :- >> )

I do recommend you QNX. I know 6.3.0’s mkifs just longs one month, but it’s time enough to create an image if you work hard. I think “One month” is thought for people to build their first images, but not for building them frequently, so it’s unnecessary to purchase QNX. You just need one image and you don’t have any commercial porpouses, so go on :- >>

QNX 6.2.1 NC does NOT have those tools.
You will have to go QNX 6.3.0 eval version, which expires in 30 days, though you can “make” it work longer.
Your other choice is to use QNX 6.1 which has all the tools, and will not expire.

Hi. Thanx a lot grillosolitario & noc. I just have downloaded the 6.3 & i’ll check this. Again thanx very much.