Problem in setting Photon/Phfont for Intel DBPXA250DP Xscale

Hi,

I am trying to run Photon on Intel DBPXA250DP (XScale) board which supports LCD display. I am trying to run phcalc_rm after starting Photon and io-graphics. But there is no display on LCD.
I could see /dev/photon and /dev/phfont
I have following message

sloginfo

Time Sev Major Minor Args
Jan 01 00:00:01 4 8 0 Legacy mode config file fo
und.
Jan 01 00:00:01 1 8 0 phfont_init
Jan 01 00:00:01 1 8 0 phfontXX started OK
Jan 01 00:00:01 5 8 0 Attached /dev/io-graphics/
crt00, id = 3
What is the meaning of the above message? why it says phfontXX started even if Sev is highest (1)

Regards
Murali

Don’t pay too much attention to the “severity” numbers, they are often only hints…

As to your problem: We had a similar system here that worked fine under QNX 6.3 and stopped working with the same symptoms when we installed SP1. So if you built your image with SP1, you might consider switching back to 6.3.0.

The sloginfo printout looks OK to me. Have you checked for hardware errors (i.e. running a linux or WinCE on the board and made sure the LCD works)? Depending on your actual LCD display, you may possibly have to modify the configuration file for the graphics driver, devg-pxa250.so. Some examples should ship with the BSP for the board.

Finally, io-graphics has a new command line syntax from 6.3.0. onwards, and we found out that the program behaves differently depending on which syntax you choose! You might want to play around with that as well.

Regards,

Albrecht

Albrecht,

Thanks for the reply.

I am using SP1. I will remove SP1 and try.

I am using Virtual board from www.virtio.com and ensured that LCD works properly with DiagManager provided by them.

I have tried new and old graphics command as follows.
io-graphics -Pphoton10.pal -g640x480x8 -dldevg-pxa250.so -amode=/usr/photon/config/pxa250.conf
#io-graphics -d pxa250 xres=640,yres=480,bitpp=8,palette=lcd.pal,mode_opts=/usr/photon/config/pxa250.conf

New command hangs and does not comes to command prompt.

Thank you once again
Regards
Murali

Albrecht,
After removing SP1, I got dispaly in the LCD. Thanks for your help.
Howe ever there was an issue in the font manager. I got following message
Jan 01 00:00:01 4 8 0 Legacy mode config file fo
und.

Jan 01 00:00:01 1 8 0 phfont_init
Jan 01 00:00:01 1 8 0 phfontXX started OK
Jan 01 00:00:01 2 8 0 Unable to attach sleuth monitor
Jan 01 00:00:01 5 8 0 Attached /dev/io-graphics/
crt0, id = 1

I tried to run phcalc_sm. It displayed calculator , however it did not displayed any characters. I could not find /dev/phfont also. I tried displying my own window with “hello world” (using phab). It displayed window, but no text…

I tried with new type of io-graphics command also. I was able to run phfont. But this time LCD itself did not come On (like SP1).
My font_repository had very minimal files as suggested in “Appendix: Photon in Embedded Systems”
Please let me know any solution for this problem
Thanks and Regards
Murali

Albrecht,

I had missed out ‘photon’ in new type of command. I have used the command as follows
io-graphics -d pxa250 photon,xres=640,yres=480,bitpp=8, mode_opts=/usr/photon/config/pxa250.conf -pphoton

With above changes I am able to display Photon window along with fonts.

Regards
Murali

hello muralikvi ,i want to know how to run qnx in virtio.i have made the ipl for DBPXA250DP,and config the script like this:
[VPXS::Flash_1]l ipl.bin
[VPXS::Flash_2]l qnx.bin
cc VPXS::cpu
g

but when i run it ,there is nothing shown on touch screen.

Hope your help ,thanks a lot.