QNX icon copyright

Hi… iam a linux user not a QNX user.
I like QNX icons and i would like to port it into GNOME 2 SVG icons (the projct has started).
the packages are located at zeus.coolfreepage.com/icon.html

My questions:
am i violating any copyright? What is the status of QNX icons…??
Where do i get the permission if the original QNX icons copyrighted…??

QSS owns the rights to the icons and the images you are using. You should contact bbull@qnx.com to ask about permission and obtaining the rights to use them.

First off, I am not a lawyer or a judge… BUT - looking at the icons you ported, they are very different from bill bulls icons, they share simalarities, but as I mentioned they are different and distinct…

I wouldnt call your icons a port of solar studios icons (which were a blatent rip off), so much as a reinvisionment of them.

Thanks for the emails CDM,

Yes i redraw all the icons using sodipodi 0.32, and some icons i made it by my self.

It’s sound rude, i need some screenshots of mimetypes icons, i have difficulties looking for the icons. or any icons packages send it to zeus@bajingloncat.com

Travis you may be correct. If he is re-doing the icons and not using copies of the icons he should be fine. Bill is only annoyed when people do bit-for-bit copies and not simply insipired redraws.

Travis you may be correct. If he is re-doing the icons and not using copies of the icons he should be fine. Bill is only annoyed when people do bit-for-bit copies and not simply insipired redraws.

i emailed Bill Bull.
He give me the permissions.

So this case are now close.

Thanks to you all…Much much much thanks