tinit...

Hi,
I try to creat custom build image. I launched “devc-con -n6 -LP” to get six text consoles. My build
image execs /etc/system/sysinit at last command. All work great (I have six consoles), but I have
only FOUR consoles with “login” prompt. Am I missing something? I was hoping “tinit” will start
login for ALL consoles. No any limitation or related options for tinit in docs. My system is QNX
RTP 6.1A and I use “nophoton” file.

Thank you,
Eduard.

but I have
only FOUR consoles with “login” prompt.

would it have anything to do with /etc/config/ttys having con1-4 with
/bin/login?

Poseidon

You said it! Thanks a lot. I added con5-9 lines. More is not always link to less :wink:
My bests to Steve.

Eduard.

Poseidon <paul.ryan2@nospam.virgin.net> wrote in article <9tb0e8$kn2$1@inn.qnx.com>…

but I have
only FOUR consoles with “login” prompt.

would it have anything to do with /etc/config/ttys having con1-4 with
/bin/login?

Poseidon

My bests to Steve.

Who is Steve?

Poseidon

Poseidon <paul.ryan2@nospam.virgin.net> wrote in article <9td5nj$4s2$1@inn.qnx.com>…

My bests to Steve.

Who is Steve?
Poseidon, thank you and I’m sorry… I was about Steve Reid and QNX RTP documentation. Hi is

browsing in a newsgroups sometimes. IMO help page for tinit should include link to page for
etc/config/ttys (if this one exists :wink:)

Eduard.

ed1k <ed1k@yahoo.com> wrote:

: Poseidon <paul.ryan2@nospam.virgin.net> wrote in article <9td5nj$4s2$1@inn.qnx.com>…
:> > My bests to Steve.
:>
:> Who is Steve?
: Poseidon, thank you and I’m sorry… I was about Steve Reid and QNX RTP documentation. Hi is
: browsing in a newsgroups sometimes. IMO help page for tinit should include link to page for
: etc/config/ttys (if this one exists :wink:)

Wow, I’m famous! :slight_smile:

I’ve forwarded this to the writer who looks after the Utilities Reference.
Thanks for the suggestion.

Steve Reid stever@qnx.com
TechPubs (Technical Publications)
QNX Software Systems

Steve Reid <stever@qnx.com> wrote in article <9tdq0d$qd1$1@nntp.qnx.com>…
[cut]

I’ve forwarded this to the writer who looks after the Utilities Reference.
Thanks for the suggestion.

‘use init’ says about /etc/config/ttys. But ‘use tinit’ says nothing about init. Isn’t it odd?
Eduard.