We’ve recently been struggling with QNX crashes during
startup of the Mindready LLA package for IEEE-1394 controller
access. Everything was working nicely under QNX 6.2.0, but
after “upgrading” to QNX 6.2.1, our application stopped working
because of the change to the “mmap()” API in QNX.
Mindready quickly came out with a fix to their LLA, and
we rebuilt with their new library, and our application seemed to work
again. But once we started running it more, we discovered that
we were getting crashes of the entire system during the
Mindready “llaAttach” call, as the LLA starts up.
Mindready is working to fix this, and they’ve been able to
reproduce the problem, but it’s intermittent for them. Is
anyone else seeing problems with the memory-mapping API in
John Nagle wrote:
The Mindready update worked. Had to recompile and update
some paths, but no code changes were required. Thanks.
Mindready has been really good about support.
In article <bbia2m$kvc$> firstname.lastname@example.org> >, > email@example.com
What a lightning answer! Bravo! I never had a chance to use
mindready’s products 8^( Cheers,
Hi Mr Nagle, Ed1k
Mindready has already solved this issue.
The issue was related to the use of mmap() function as stated by ed1k.
To solve this problem, we simply used mmap_device_memory() function
Mr Nagle received the version 3.1.1 of our Sednet 1394 LLA which is
for QNX 6.2.0
but was fully tested on version QNX 6.2.1 NC.
If anybody needs further assistance, please contact Mindready Support