Missing Documentation: PiResizeImage and Pg_BITMAP_BACKFILL

I was loking for a way to resize an image and finally found an
un-documented call in PiProto.h Someone one might wanna poke the
doc. person and get it added.

Also the documentaion for PhImage_t fails to mention the
Pg_BITMAP_BACKFILL image_type which is mentioned
in the PtLabel doc only. This image type is useful if you have a Image
that only has 2 entries in the color palette table.

Jerry Kirk

Jerry Kirk <Jerry.Kirk@nexwarecorp.com> wrote:
: I was loking for a way to resize an image and finally found an
: un-documented call in PiProto.h Someone one might wanna poke the
: doc. person and get it added.

Actually, it’s usually the developers who need a poke.

It’s possible that PiResizeImage() isn’t ready for use. In general, if you
find something in a header file and it isn’t documented, we don’t want you
to use it. However, this isn’t always the case. I’ll ask.

: Also the documentaion for PhImage_t fails to mention the
: Pg_BITMAP_BACKFILL image_type which is mentioned
: in the PtLabel doc only. This image type is useful if you have a Image
: that only has 2 entries in the color palette table.

It doesn’t sound like an image type, but I’ll check. Thanks for bringing
this up.


Steve Reid stever@qnx.com
TechPubs (Technical Publications)
QNX Software Systems

Steve Reid <stever@qnx.com> wrote:
: It’s possible that PiResizeImage() isn’t ready for use. In general, if you
: find something in a header file and it isn’t documented, we don’t want you
: to use it. However, this isn’t always the case. I’ll ask.

I got a pointed stick and poked the developer. He wants to redo
PiResizeImage() so you can choose the quality of scaling. You shouldn’t
use it yet.

: : Also the documentaion for PhImage_t fails to mention the
: : Pg_BITMAP_BACKFILL image_type which is mentioned
: : in the PtLabel doc only. This image type is useful if you have a Image
: : that only has 2 entries in the color palette table.

: It doesn’t sound like an image type, but I’ll check. Thanks for bringing
: this up.

Pg_BITMAP_BACKFILL and Pg_BITMAP_TRANSPARENT are the types used for bitmaps
that are stored in a PhImage_t. I’ll move the descriptions from PtLabel to
PhImage_t.

One thing to note: these types don’t fit into the “image class” scheme. If
you’re checking the class, check the type against these two constants first.
If the type isn’t one of these, then AND the type with Pg_IMAGE_CLASS_MASK
as described in the docs.


Steve Reid stever@qnx.com
TechPubs (Technical Publications)
QNX Software Systems

… and it really hurt :slight_smile:

Steve Reid <stever@qnx.com> wrote:

I got a pointed stick and poked the developer. He wants to redo
PiResizeImage() so you can choose the quality of scaling. You shouldn’t
use it yet.