Networks Cards and Ping question

First Question:

On my Dell GS 280 the built in Gig E network card is being identified by QNX as:

Class = Network (Ethernet)
Vendor ID = 14e4h, Broadcom Corporation
Device ID = 1677h, Unknown Unknown
PCI index = 0h
PCI Mem Address = a8000000h enabled
PCI Int Pin = INT A
Interrupt line = 10
CPU Interrupt = ah

I took a look under supported hardware and what seems to be the correct driver is the new devn-tigon3 driver (so new it does not even appear in the help doc’s. Maybe Steve can update that for QNX 6.4).

So I tried to start using:

io-net -dtigon3 speed=100,duplex=1 -ptcpip

But no luck. There is no ethernet interface en0 created (only the loopback is generated). So I went back again and looked and this particular chipset of 1677 does not appear to be on the list of supported chipsets for the tigon3 driver. Does anyone know if this is supported (appears not) or has gotten this card to work with this or another driver?

Second Question:

Because I couldn’t get the built in card to work, I disabled it in the Bios and added in an Intel 82545 card that is supported.

I start this one with:

io-net -di82544 speed=100,duplex=1 -ptcpip
netmanager
inetd &

This time the card is found and the en0 interface created and I set a manual IP address for the card.

However, ping doesn’t work on this box. I can ping the loopback adaptor (127.0.0.1) but I can’t ping my own card (10.144.201.246) or anything else on my network.

What’s totally bizarre tho is that the network can ping me just fine and all incoming and outgoing TCP/IP traffic to the QNX box works just fine (ie I can telnet in/out of the box, surf using Mozilla etc). But it’s impossible to get ping to do anything other than just sit there hung forever.

I’ve never seen this behavior before. Anyone know why this might be?

TIA,

Tim