sed -f sedscript ./Makefile.pre.in >Makefile.pre
/usr/local/lib/python1.5/config/makesetup
-m Makefile.pre -c /usr/local/lib/python1.5/config/config.c.in
Setup -n
/usr/local/lib/python1.5/config/Setup.thread
/usr/local/lib/python1.5/config/Set
up.local /usr/local/lib/python1.5/config/Setup
make -f Makefile do-it-again
make[2]: Entering directory /home/carmodyj/Zope/lib/python' /usr/local/lib/python1.5/config/makesetup \ -m Makefile.pre -c /usr/local/lib/python1.5/config/config.c.in Setup -n /usr/local/lib/python1.5/config/Setup.thread /usr/local/lib/python1.5/config/Set up.local /usr/local/lib/python1.5/config/Setup make[2]: Leaving directory /home/carmodyj/Zope/lib/python’
make[1]: Leaving directory /home/carmodyj/Zope/lib/python' make qcc -I../Components/ExtensionClass -g -O2 -OPT:Olimit=0 -I/usr/local/inclu de/py thon1.5 -I/usr/local/include/python1.5 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -c ../../Components/Extensi onClass/ExtensionClass.c ld ExtensionClass.o -o ExtensionClass.so ld: warning: cannot find entry symbol _start; defaulting to 0000000008048074 ExtensionClass.o: In function PyCObject_Import14’:
ExtensionClass.o(.text+0x16): undefined reference to PyImport_ImportModule' ExtensionClass.o(.text+0x34): undefined reference to PyObject_GetAttrString’
ExtensionClass.o(.text+0x4e): undefined reference to PyCObject_AsVoidPtr' ExtensionClass.o: In function init_py_names’:
ExtensionClass.o(.text+0x10b): undefined reference to PyString_FromString' ExtensionClass.o(.text+0x122): undefined reference to PyString_FromString’
ExtensionClass.o(.text+0x139): undefined reference to PyString_FromString' ExtensionClass.o(.text+0x150): undefined reference to PyString_FromString’
ExtensionClass.o(.text+0x167): undefined reference to PyString_FromString' ExtensionClass.o(.text+0x17e): more undefined references to PyString_FromString’
follow

Thanks,

James Carmody

ld ExtensionClass.o -o ExtensionClass.so

This is wrong, you shouldn’t be calling ld directly. You should be
using gcc -shared or qcc -shared

ld: warning: cannot find entry symbol _start; defaulting to 0000000008048074
ExtensionClass.o: In function PyCObject_Import14': ExtensionClass.o(.text+0x16): undefined reference to PyImport_ImportModule’
ExtensionClass.o(.text+0x34): undefined reference to
PyObject_GetAttrString' ExtensionClass.o(.text+0x4e): undefined reference to PyCObject_AsVoidPtr’
ExtensionClass.o: In function init_py_names': ExtensionClass.o(.text+0x10b): undefined reference to PyString_FromString’
ExtensionClass.o(.text+0x122): undefined reference to PyString_FromString' ExtensionClass.o(.text+0x139): undefined reference to PyString_FromString’
ExtensionClass.o(.text+0x150): undefined reference to PyString_FromString' ExtensionClass.o(.text+0x167): undefined reference to PyString_FromString’
ExtensionClass.o(.text+0x17e): more undefined references to
`PyString_FromString’
follow

Thanks,

James Carmody

cburgess@qnx.com