2question about qnx6.0 and qnx 6.2.1 install from a newcomer

I am a newcomer and want to make a c project in qnx

Can I write c/c++ projects in qnx 6.0 GUI?

I have trouble to install qnx6.2.1 like others !
can not find fs-dsk
or unable to mount /dev/hd0

I did all recommends in forums , I should use floppy to boot up
why cant I boot from cd-rom?when I boot up with disket I have many problems.
my win xp is on c: NTFS
qnx will be located after c on primary driver primary

I downloaded md5sum and cksum.exe
but I dont know how to work with them in win xp.
:blush:

I hope anyone can guide me to install QNX6.2.1 and please tell me can I write my project in qnx6.0 and HOW ??

please help me! :cry:

Do you mean QNX 6.0 or QNX 6.2.1?

It seems you need to get QNX installed first, before worrying about development. Yes, you can write c/c++ projects in qnx. For example, people use PhaB to write QNX Photon GUI applications.

You don’t really need md5sum or cksum. They are only used to verify if you have downloaded QNX correctly. Never used QNX 6.0 but for QNX 6.2.1, you can boot from cdrom and install from there, iff you already have the CD. Make sure you have some free unpartitioned space on your C: drive.

Good luck!

tnx noc
I can finally install qnx 6.2.1,
my problem (and I think other persons like me) was that:
I downloaded qnxnc621and extracted and then created image from it and burnd it…It sounds funny
the downloaded file is the image file and I should burn it without extracting it…

and I install qnx6.2.1 but my modem is not work properly…
what is dev/ser1 and dev/ser2 ?? is it PCI card number??

and How can I create a project in qnx6.2.1? and how can I access PHab?
I downloaded qnxpub621.iso , does it contain any helpful programming and compiling tools(c/c++).

tnx a lot

/dev/ser1 is like COM1 in Windows
/dev/ser2 as COM2
If your modem is internal, make sure it is not a softmodem (aka winmodem). QNX only supports hardware modem.

Click How to use PhaB.

PhaB is part of the default QNX 6.2.1 installation and can be accessed through “Start” menus.