rereading absf file

Hi-

My application allows the user to calibrate a touch screen and generate a new “/etc/config/absf/absf.1” file. How do I get the new calibration setting to be applied immediately? Restarting Photon seems excessive. Is there a signal (or something) that I can send to Input to get it to reread the absf file?

TIA,

• Pete

I am really guessing, but sending a SIGHUP might do it, if I remember
correctly sending a SIGHUP to some of our apps/tools causes it to re-read
its config file.

Mind you re-runing Input should probably work too. :slight_smile:

Erick

Pete DiMarco <peted.NOSPAM@nospam.ifspurity.com> wrote:

Hi-

My application allows the user to calibrate a touch screen and generate a new “/etc/config/absf/absf.1” file. How do I get the new calibration setting to be applied immediately? Restarting Photon seems excessive. Is there a signal (or something) that I can send to Input to get it to reread the absf file?

TIA,

• Pete

I did say I was guessing :slight_smile:

Did restarting Input work? If not I will try to find out what it is.

Erick.

Pete DiMarco <peted.NOSPAM@nospam.ifspurity.com> wrote:

I just tried “slay -f -s SIGHUP Input”. Input died, locking up my console. I don’t think SIGHUP is the right signal. > :slight_smile:

Previously, Erick Muis wrote in qdn.public.qnx4.photon:
its config file.

Mind you re-runing Input should probably work too. > :slight_smile:

Erick

Pete DiMarco <> peted.NOSPAM@nospam.ifspurity.com> > wrote:
Hi-

TIA,

• Pete

I just tried “slay -f -s SIGHUP Input”. Input died, locking up my console. I don’t think SIGHUP is the right signal. :slight_smile:

Previously, Erick Muis wrote in qdn.public.qnx4.photon:

its config file.

Mind you re-runing Input should probably work too. > :slight_smile:

Erick

Pete DiMarco <> peted.NOSPAM@nospam.ifspurity.com> > wrote:
Hi-

TIA,

• Pete