QNX Zone newcomers question

Hi,

How to register at QNXZone? I only tried to reply about Lines game, but run into infinite loop
entering of login&password. Will my “login name” i.e. my e-mail address invisible for spammers? I
tried to ask on newsgroups at QNXZone but the same situation, without registration I can’t ask. It
always redirects me to “myZone” login screen, tells me I’m not registered and I see the same
“login” page. I’ve read something about it somewhere on newsgroups but can’t see it now. Good idea
to place at QNXZone page with details “How to register” for stupidest person like me.
Thanks in advance.

Eduard.
ed1k at ukr dot net

P.S.

I’m not sure about original game, I played in DOS I think more than 10 years ago. I’ve not tried
this one yet. I have seen few ones for Windows and another platforms, but those have a bit puzzled
points score mechanism. Originaly the strategy was as follow: make few lines of one color across
and, by this, burn big numbers of balls per a time.

Original message at QNXZone was:

Neat
by Dave Rempel at May 30, 2002 18:51 mdt
Interesting little game, although I must admit I’ve never played the original. Anyone know what the
general strategies you should use when playing are?

P.P.S. I’m sorry if QNXZone is closed community site and I’m just abroad of this community.

If you go to the “My Zone” section you should be able to register and login.

Thanks for the info on lines :slight_smile:

Dave Rempel

ed1k <ed1k@spamerstrap.com> wrote:

Hi,

How to register at QNXZone? I only tried to reply about Lines game, but run into infinite loop
entering of login&password. Will my “login name” i.e. my e-mail address invisible for spammers? I
tried to ask on newsgroups at QNXZone but the same situation, without registration I can’t ask. It
always redirects me to “myZone” login screen, tells me I’m not registered and I see the same
“login” page. I’ve read something about it somewhere on newsgroups but can’t see it now. Good idea
to place at QNXZone page with details “How to register” for stupidest person like me.
Thanks in advance.

Eduard.
ed1k at ukr dot net

P.S.

I’m not sure about original game, I played in DOS I think more than 10 years ago. I’ve not tried
this one yet. I have seen few ones for Windows and another platforms, but those have a bit puzzled
points score mechanism. Originaly the strategy was as follow: make few lines of one color across

Neat
Interesting little game, although I must admit I’ve never played the original. Anyone know what the

P.P.S. I’m sorry if QNXZone is closed community site and I’m just abroad of this community.

David Rempel wrote:

If you go to the “My Zone” section you should be able to register and login.

Thanks for the info on lines > :slight_smile:

Dave Rempel

ed1k <> ed1k@spamerstrap.com> > wrote:

Hi,

Thanks in advance.

Eduard.
ed1k at ukr dot net

P.S.

Neat

No, the email will not be visible to spammers, ONLY if you reply on the
very betadonotuse newsgroups. :slight_smile:

I think you should find this small’ register’ button when you try to login.

/Johan

phearbear <phearbear@home.se> wrote in article <3CFDBDA3.9060309@home.se>…

I think you should find this small’ register’ button when you try to login.

Hi Johan,

You said key word the “small”, thanks! I found it. The problem was when I tried to reply it said
“not loged” and I got “login” form, when I tried to login it said “Not registered, redirect to
register…” but I still got “login” form. I’m sure if I see “Redirecting to register page…” I
should see later the register page, not login page. Just write “Click on small ‘register’ tab”
instead of redirecting from login page to login page :wink:
Thank you again,
Best regards.

Eduard.
ed1k at ukr dot net

/Johan

ed1k <ed1k@spamerstrap.com> wrote:

How to register at QNXZone?

Go to “MyZone” and you should have a link for registering.

I only tried to reply about Lines game, but run into infinite loop
entering of login&password.

Looks like you found a bug. You need to be logged in in order to post,
and if you forget it will remember your submission and temporarily detour
you to the login page. I don’t think we ever thought of the scenario
where you might not have an account yet and would need to register.

I’ll add that to the list of bugs that we need to fix.

Cheers,
Camz.

Camz,
Actually I found way to register and I registered now :wink: Thanks guys who help me to overcome this
stuff.
Thank you!

Eduard.
ed1k at ukr dot net

camz@passageway.com wrote in article <aebtkr$e96$2@inn.qnx.com>…

ed1k <> ed1k@spamerstrap.com> > wrote:
How to register at QNXZone?

Go to “MyZone” and you should have a link for registering.

I only tried to reply about Lines game, but run into infinite loop
entering of login&password.

Looks like you found a bug. You need to be logged in in order to post,
and if you forget it will remember your submission and temporarily detour
you to the login page. I don’t think we ever thought of the scenario
where you might not have an account yet and would need to register.

I’ll add that to the list of bugs that we need to fix.

Cheers,
Camz.