for hobby purpose, I would like to use an old PC as target platform, and develop on an fast PC.
- 486 or Pentium I CPU
- PCI and/or ISA Bus
- Ethernet card
- Compact Flash as harddisk (at the first time i would like to use an ~1GB harddisk)
(- maybe an graphics card)
Software/Libs which I would like to use at the target:
- TCP/IP Sockets
- Webserver (later, I would like to create dynamic pages (status pages …))
Some time ago, I have successfully installed QNX at the fast PC.
- C/C++ programming
- x86/PC interna
- some Linux/Unix knowledge
What i would like to do:
- learn about real time programming
- ISA Bus, parallel and serial port programming
After my first steps, i would like to create a homepage about QNX and hardware programming …
I hope, that the OpenQNX community can help me at my first steps.
- Which QNX version should I use: QNX RTP 6.1 or QNX Momentics 6.2.1 NC ?
- How should I setup the harddisk of the target ?
- Must i create an own boot file for the target, to start only the needed drivers etc. without
detecting them at each start ?
Thank you very much for your help !!!