Porting Mplayer to QNX 6

Has anyone here made an Mplayer port to QNX 6? The docs at www.mplayerhq.hu indicate that is does work. Working you way through
the configure scripts is another
matter. I have already compiled in a number of libraries, SDL, PNG, ZLib, GTK.
Others have been a problem, divx4linux being my current problem. The app compiles
and links, but does not have the correct ouput drivers enabled. So it is now able to
read an avi file, but pipes the output the null device (no fun). I think I need the
divx4linux for this purpose. If there is a project around for this I would appreciate a
link. I was able to get a link from ‘jkinraid’ (QNX Chat) that helped with some code
patches, (home.clear.net.nz/pages/jkinraid/mplayer.patch1). Any info on a link or
email to jkinraid would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Carlos Navarrette
Oak Park, California
zoanie@msn.com

hi Zoanie,

Has anyone here made an Mplayer port to QNX 6? The docs at > www.mplayerhq.hu > indicate that is does work. Working you way through
the configure scripts is another
matter. I have already compiled in a number of libraries, SDL, PNG, ZLib, GTK.
Others have been a problem, divx4linux being my current problem. The app compiles
and links, but does not have the correct ouput drivers enabled. So it is now able to
read an avi file, but pipes the output the null device (no fun). I think I need the
divx4linux for this purpose. If there is a project around for this I would appreciate a
link. I was able to get a link from ‘jkinraid’ (QNX Chat) that helped with some code
patches, (home.clear.net.nz/pages/jkinraid/mplayer.patch1). Any info on a link or
email to jkinraid would be appreciated.

You don’t need GTK (unless you want the gui which doesn’t compile
anyway). You don’t need divx4linux either, ffmpeg works fine
(ffmpeg.sf.net). You can get ffmpeg from cvs, then do something like
“cp -r ffmpeg/libavcodec mplayerdir” (there are instructions in the
mplayer docs.)

To configure mplayer, ./configure --disable-x11 --disable-vidix should
work, but I can’t remember :slight_smile: Good luck

Julian Kinraid