Problem with gf_dev_attach

Hi,
I’m developing a simple OpenGL ES app on QNX, but I’m having problem with gf_dev_attach. io-graphics is running, yet gf_dev_attach fails.

Here is what I do:
int main()
{ /* Omitting details */
gf_dev_t gf_dev;
gf_dev_info_t info;

if (gf_dev_attach(&gf_dev, NULL, &info) != GF_ERR_OK) {
printf(“gf_dev_attach() error\n”);
return -1;
}

}

Can anyone tell me what could have gone wrong?

Thanks very much in advance,
Dennis

I don’t know a thing about OpenGL, but the value of errno might give you a clue as to what is going on.

Thanks mario.

I had always assumed that the system was fully configured to run graphics (since I was able to see some graphical programs running). It seems that for OpenGL ES to work on this target, I need to set up GF and the io-display process. This was not done. The other programs didn’t have this requirement.

Thanks,
Dennis

Hi!

I have the same Problem with io-display. How did you fix it?

It would be nice if you could give me a hint!

Thx!

Hi,

To get GF running, you need to first setup io-display, which needs to be run before your application can run.

See %QNX_TARGET%\usr\help\product\gf\dev_guide\monitor.html for more information.

It turns out that the QNX Advanced Graphics TDK will update your hardware driver, so that you can run io-display, GF and your application. However, currently the TDK only supports a few hardware, such as “Fujitsu CoralP”. My hardware is not yet supported, so I didn’t get any further…

Hope this helps!
Dennis

Thanks!
I tried to set up io-display with this display.conf
device {
drivername=tnt
vid=0x10de
did=0x152
deviceindex=0
display {
xres=1280
yres=1024
refresh=60
pixel_format=rgb565
}
}

by calling io-display.
The process is displayed as running, but if I call “gf_dev_attach(&gdev,GF_DEVICE_INDEX(0),&gdev_info);”
it always returns the GF_ERR_IODISPLAY error.
I use a geforce 2 which is supported by the devg-tnt.so driver so far.

You wrote that your hardware was not supported… what happened?

thanks,
Sandro

I have installed the tdk on my windows host and copied the io-display of the downloadable patch to my target /sbin/ … is this ok?

Ok, if I just call io-display without any arguments it looks ok, but if I call it
io-display -dvid=0x10de,did=0x152
“Function not supported” is written.

Does this mean that my card is not supported?

That quite possible, there are only a very very few support card (most are not mainstream)

I have tried several options… the only driver which seams to be working is the coral.
Do you know how it is possible to work without GF? Is there a way?

I tried with eglGetDisplay(EGL_DEFAULT_DISPLAY);
but also the same problem

The only supported driver for the Advanced Graphics TDK is the Fujitsu Coral P/PA. The normal Photon drivers will not work. The TDK is new and driver mods had to be made for this release which makes existing 6.30 Photon drivers incompatible.

Brian

Ok, thanks. I tried it with the old graphics kit, now it is working, but without hardware acceleration neither 2D nor 3D.