problem with IPL

Hi,

My system is QNX 6.1 A, I wrote my custom system loader (secondary). When I try to use ‘dinit -B
mipl’… it use one of standard loaders. When I try ‘dloader /dev/fd0 /root/mipl’ it says “unknown
loader, using ipl-diskpc2” or something (BTW, ipl-diskpc2 is wrong loader for floppy… I have no
idea why dloader uses it instead of my loader). Is these options documented but they are not
realized in 6.1A? Or I do something wrong? Is there some know-how for custom loaders?

Thanks in advance.
P.S. I know workaround and my loader works for me, it’s already tested, but ‘dinit’ and ‘dloader’
seems to be much more safe for this kind of work in comparison with ‘dd’ :slight_smile:

Eduard.
ed1k at ukr dot net

‘dloader’ works. I have to change the name of my ipl to “ipl-diskpc2-ed1k”. Sometimes useful to
read usage built-in message :wink:. ‘dinit -B’ still doesn’t work.
Thanks!

Eduard.
ed1k at ukr dot net

ed1k <ed1k@spamerstrap.com> wrote in article 01c237be$c35d9800$106fa8c0@ED1K

Hi,

My system is QNX 6.1 A, I wrote my custom system loader (secondary). When I try to use ‘dinit -B
mipl’… it use one of standard loaders. When I try ‘dloader /dev/fd0 /root/mipl’ it says
“unknown
loader, using ipl-diskpc2” or something (BTW, ipl-diskpc2 is wrong loader for floppy… I have no
idea why dloader uses it instead of my loader). Is these options documented but they are not
realized in 6.1A? Or I do something wrong? Is there some know-how for custom loaders?

Thanks in advance.
P.S. I know workaround and my loader works for me, it’s already tested, but ‘dinit’ and ‘dloader’
seems to be much more safe for this kind of work in comparison with ‘dd’ > :slight_smile:

Eduard.
ed1k at ukr dot net