Power-Management Functions using Neutrino 6.2

Hi,

I am searching for an “official” way to trigger different
power-management states in QNX. Is there a /dev/apm -like device I could
use ? (like: ‘cat 1 > /dev/apm’ to suspend the device)Or is it
neccessary to write code that uses device drivesr to set the unit into
suspend ?

Regards,

Lars Heineken.

Lars.Heineken@gmx.de sed in <c0qpbk$roq$1@inn.qnx.com>:

I am searching for an “official” way to trigger different
power-management states in QNX. Is there a /dev/apm -like device I could

AFAIK there are no “official” way.
You can’t even powerdown. (needs shutdownx)

You could write your own /dev/apm resmgr if you need to.

kabe

kabe@sra-tohoku.co.jp wrote:

AFAIK there are no “official” way.
You can’t even powerdown. (needs shutdownx)

You could write your own /dev/apm resmgr if you need to.

Thanks for your help, do you know any resources that might be helpful in
implementing power-management functions ?

kabe@sra-tohoku.co.jp wrote:

Lars.Heineken@gmx.de > sed in <c0qpbk$roq$> 1@inn.qnx.com> >:

I am searching for an “official” way to trigger different
power-management states in QNX. Is there a /dev/apm -like device I could

AFAIK there are no “official” way.
You can’t even powerdown. (needs shutdownx)

Actually, there is an offical way. There are power manager callouts
you can invoke. But there isn’t any support for this on any x86 targets
today. Could you (Lars) give a little more detail on what you are trying
to accomplish?

chris

\

Chris McKillop <cdm@qnx.com> “The faster I go, the behinder I get.”
Software Engineer, QSSL – Lewis Carroll –
http://qnx.wox.org/

Chris McKillop wrote:

Actually, there is an offical way. There are power manager callouts
you can invoke. But there isn’t any support for this on any x86 targets
today. Could you (Lars) give a little more detail on what you are trying
to accomplish?

I am trying to build an OSGi Power-Management-Bundle. That bundle is
supposed to run on different OS, including QNX. If I would run that
bundle on Linux, e.g. I would read/write to “/proc/apm” to query the
current power status and to set the unit into suspend. To be abled to
support QNX without code changes, I thought about writing a
“proc/apm/”-compatible /dev/apm device for QNX.
I read about Netrino 6.3 supporting a whole Power-Management Framework
but haven’t found any information avbout it, beside the one that there
is a sample implementation for a biscane board.

Regards,

Lars.

I am trying to build an OSGi Power-Management-Bundle. That bundle is
supposed to run on different OS, including QNX. If I would run that
bundle on Linux, e.g. I would read/write to “/proc/apm” to query the
current power status and to set the unit into suspend. To be abled to
support QNX without code changes, I thought about writing a
“proc/apm/”-compatible /dev/apm device for QNX.
I read about Netrino 6.3 supporting a whole Power-Management Framework
but haven’t found any information avbout it, beside the one that there
is a sample implementation for a biscane board.

Yeah, the docs are all part of 6.3.0, I am not sure if they are included
at all with 6.2.1B Supplemental or not. And there isn’t a /dev/apm type
interface but there is a power manager that runs.

chris


Chris McKillop <cdm@qnx.com> “The faster I go, the behinder I get.”
Software Engineer, QSSL – Lewis Carroll –
http://qnx.wox.org/

Yeah, the docs are all part of 6.3.0, I am not sure if they are included
at all with 6.2.1B Supplemental or not. And there isn’t a /dev/apm type
interface but there is a power manager that runs.

That sounds like you have access to documents surrounding the new Power
Manager. Is it possible to get a copy of these ?
… Unless it intefers with copyright, of course.

Lars.

Lars Heineken <Lars.Heineken@gmx.de> wrote:

Yeah, the docs are all part of 6.3.0, I am not sure if they are included
at all with 6.2.1B Supplemental or not. And there isn’t a /dev/apm type
interface but there is a power manager that runs.

That sounds like you have access to documents surrounding the new Power
Manager. Is it possible to get a copy of these ?
… Unless it intefers with copyright, of course.

You can ask your rep/contact to be part of the 6.3.0 beta, which will
include those docs. I am not at liberty to give them to you.

chris


Chris McKillop <cdm@qnx.com> “The faster I go, the behinder I get.”
Software Engineer, QSSL – Lewis Carroll –
http://qnx.wox.org/

Chris McKillop wrote:

You can ask your rep/contact to be part of the 6.3.0 beta, which will
include those docs. I am not at liberty to give them to you.

OK, I’ll try that. Thanks for your help !

Lars.