how to use two network card

hello all:
I want to know how to configurate two network card on qnx 4.24 , please tell me.
My system have two network card , I want to know how to distinguish their logical ID , and relationship among logical ID , physical id , netcard on qnx4.24.
thanks in advance!

If they are PCI card, there is not 100% method of detecting which is which. It depends on how the BIOS assignes slot number.

The argument -l(el) of the network drivers indicated on which lan the card is.

Not sure what you mean by logical id.

• Mario

To: ilikeacmlian
Posted: May 30, 2006 - 03:37 AM
Subject: Re: question about architecture of Network component on qnx
ilikeacmlian wrote:
Dear mario:
Thank you very much for your help . I have some question about architecture of Network component to ask you . I want to know what’s the meaning logical node id and physical node id .

Well i’m not sure these are the right term.

You have node id, that’s the node number giving in the boot file (argument to Proc32). Each machine on a network must have a unique node number.

The physical ID or in the case of ethernet is the MAC address found on the network card. Each network card in the world has a unique MAC address.

The LAN id is usually the physical LAN to which you assigned a perticular network card to. Network card of same physical LAN should be connected together.

ilikeacmlian wrote:

you said : "Not sure what you mean by logical id. " . i find that The netmap Utility load the Network Manager’s logical-to-physical node ID mapping table in qnx help document . i find that netmap display as follows:

Logical Lan Physical TX Count Last TX Fail Time
1 1 00D0C9 372046 ; 0
1 2 00D0C9 372045 ; 0
1 3 00D0C9 372046 ; 0

i don’t know what’s the meaning the “logical” column and the “lan” column
. please tell me architecture of Network component on qnx 4.24( relationship among logical ID , physical id , netcard on qnx4.24. ).

See my explanation above. This netmap is invalid, you cannot have the same MAC address assigned to two different lans (1 and 3). As a matter of fact I wonder how QNX behaves in such scenario, my bet is it can do strange thing…

ilikeacmlian wrote:

my system have two network card, a actual netcard and a dummy network card that base “Net.fd” Utility . my application receive all packet that is from the actual netcard by raw protocol register with “Net” , my application communicate with qnx os serve(ftp or telnet ,etc …) through a dummy network card that base Net.fd . Now , I want to install a new netcard for managing . I perform the following underlined steps:

1.Net.ether82557 -I1 -l2 &
2.ifconfig en2 172.168.0.200 up

Well if you already have 2 network card install, that their network card should use -l3 (unless one if the other 2 is setup as lan 3)

ilikeacmlian wrote:
i use “netstat -i” to examine ipconfig , i find config right on some cpu-board , but config error on other cpu-board . That error is new netcard macaddress is same with old netcard . please tell me reason.
thanks a lot , i hope your advise

I don’t know the reason, I would have to see your whole startup file. I’m rather surprise you’re having problem with this basic stuff given that you are using a netraw application. Netraw application are very touchy to write (can bring down the machine fairly easely) and required very good knowledge.