How to run the SMP machine

Dear all
In my image , I use the “procnto-smp”,but I can’t fine the procnto-smp.so in my QNX , so I can’t run the smp machine. If I want to write a image for SMP machine , How to do???
I find the “qnxbasesmp.ifs” in my QNX , I copy the file to my image .boot
but it can’t startup!
error message:

./diskboot file for root not found on any filesystem

No valid commercial license found
Only non-commercial use of this software is permitted
Contact QNX Software Systems to acquire a development license

Spawn of /bin/sh failed : No such file or directory

How to do ??? Help!

SMP stuff is not available in the non commercial version of momentics as the error message states. Also even with the commercial version you can’t build an image, you must use the one provided. The SMP kernel is part of a very expensive add-on.

thanks!

Well, there is one exception. If your target is an x86 PC then you can purchase the x86 Runtime Kit “Extended Bundle” which contains SMP support.

Also, the image qnxbasesmp.ifs that ships with Momentics is meant to evaluate the SMP capabilities and it does run on an x86 development PC. The message you are seeing tells that something is wrong with your system, maybe not enough memory? On a standard CD installation you can just copy that file to /.boot and reboot your machine.

Regards,
Albrecht

Well, there is one exception. If your target is an x86 PC then you can purchase the x86 Runtime Kit “Extended Bundle” which contains SMP support.
[/quote]

Interesting. However I don’t beleive that gives you the ability to build your own image. That’s tricky cause if you go the QNX6/SMP path and one day need to customize the image, you are in for quite a surprise money wise…

but won’t the SMP part stop working after the 30 days eval period.

Mario,

This is correct. The x86 Runtime Kit, on the other side, is not meant to be customized in terms of boot image like a real embedded system. It is meant to provide fast installation on standard PC hardware to run PC-grade software products (SCADA, DB, Server, …).

I think the only thing that stops working after 30 days is the compiler. So I expect it continues to work but I am not sure. In any case it is not licensed for commercial distribution.

Regards,
Albrecht