Problems installing QNX in a Dell computer

Hello,

After having installed QNX in many computers, I find that I cannot install QNX in my PC. I have tried 6.3.0 version without success. My PC is a OPTIPLEX GX620 from Dell, with dual-core Pentium; it has a Serial
ATA disk drive, and also an older ATA disk with parallel interface. The keyboard and mouse use USB bus connectors - I have no PS-2 connectors (I think this may be the main problem).

At first the installation process hanged when it tried to identify the serial-ATA drive, or somewhere around. I changed the mode of the S-ATA
controller to “combination” for greater compatibility, and the installation reached the point when it asks wether I want QNX to run from CD or install it on a disk partition. However, it does not recognize the keyboard; no keys are read and I have no option but rebooting.

I have tried various enumerator and DMA disables without success. I have also tried to disable one of the cores, but it did no good.

¿Can you help me?

Thank you in advance

Joaquín Ferruz

If available in the BIOS active emulation of USB keyboard and mouse ( so they look like PS2 devices ). Otherwise you are pretty much out of luck.

If you can, wait for SP3 to come out, it’s much better at supporting USB devices. Don’t know when SP3 will be out, but I would suspect very soon.

• Mario

If available in the BIOS active emulation of USB keyboard and mouse ( so > they look like PS2 devices ). Otherwise you are pretty much out of luck.

I will look for active emulation in the BIOS, but I think I do not have this option :frowning:   What I cannot understand is that QNX seems to get along easily with the USB keyboard until it has to ask about installation options. Why does it "forget" how to read the keyboard?

If you can, wait for SP3 to come out, it’s much better at supporting USB > devices. Don’t know when SP3 will be out, but I would suspect very soon.

I will download SP3 when available...

Thank you for your help

Joaquín Ferruz

Apparently it is available.