Incomplete BSP installation?

Hi folks,

This is my first post here. I should note that although I’ve had 10+ years experience with Unix, I’m a complete newbie to QNX. My apologies if this has been covered elsewhere, but after a quick search I didn’t find anything applicable. Please let me know if there is a more appropriate forum I should post this to.

I’m having a very strange problem trying to get my Windows hosted QNX6.3 build environment established. The Momentics SP2 IDE seems to install fine, and so does the BSP we’re using (target is a Freescale Media5200 dev board) – at least there are no visible errors during installation. However, when I go to “Import” the BSP from withing the Momentics IDE, there is nothing listed under “Known Packages” where I would expect to see the Media5200 BSP to be listed. When I manually look for the .zip file the BSP should have installed I don’t even see a src directory under C:\qnx630\target\qnx6\usr. However, there is a build file (mgt5200B.build) under C:\qnx630\target\qnx6\ppcbe\boot\build. Too add to the weirdness, the BSP installs fine and is easily imported on two other development PCs we have. An additional oddity I noticed was that when running the BSP installation executable on my computer it lists the total space to be installed as 7MB. However during installation on the other development PCs it’s listed as 8MB.

There are no options during the BSP installation so I am not sure what I could be doing wrong here. My computer (a Thinkpad T42 laptop) is running WinXP SP2. The other development PCs are Shuttle XPCs running WinXP. I think they’re at WinXP SP2 as well. The only significant difference I’m aware of is that I have Cygwin installed on my laptop. However upon searching it looked like this shouldn’t be a problem? As suggested in another (unrelated) thread, I renamed the cygwin1.dll provided with Momentics so as to use the later version I have installed – it made no perceptible difference.

Thanks!
-Len

I thought you are suppose to be able to “import” that .zip file as “QNX Board Support Package” in IDE.

^^

Yes, that’s what I’m trying to do (Import->QNX Board Support Package). However, the .zip file is not be created after I run the BSP installation executable for whatever reason… It works fine on the other PCs.

I was able to solve my issue of not being able to Import the QNX BSP by utilizing the BSP SOURCE INSTALLATION KEY when installing the Media5200 BSP. I had no idea there were even different keys; the documentation was not very clear on this. It is still a mystery as to why the source WAS installing on our other development PCs given that we were using the standard binary installation keys when installing the Media5200 BSP on them.