Does QNX support USB Mass Storage Devices

Hello All,

We are planning to buy an RTOS for our new project.The RTOS should support different types of files on a USB Mass Storage Device .I have a few questions.

1)How QNX support USB Mass Storage Devices? I mean " do i need to write a new driver or can i use the existing driver supplied by the usb customer?
2)How QNX file system will support USB Mass Storage Devices? Can FAT File System be used on USB Mass Storage Devices?
3)Does QNX come with inbuilt bootloader ?

I’m a newcomer.kindly help me…

1. Yes QNX Neutrino 6.3 SP3 supports USB Mass Storage devices very well. USB Memory Sticks, cameras, MP3 players, CD-ROM drives etc. are supported. However, you cannot use an existing driver “supplied by the USB customer”. Not sure what you mean here. If it’s a non-compliant device it is likely not to work. You should try and download the free evaluation version from www.qnx.com and just test it! If it works on an x86 machine, it likely will work on your Embedded board, too (of course also depends on the controller hardware).
  2. The USB Mass Storage device will be treated similar to a hard disk. You can put any filesystem on it, like the QNX"4" filesystem, or FAT of course.
  3. QNX of course has a boot loader and can be booted from USB mass storage devices.