Mouse Cursor Missing After Photon Launch

We are trying to pull together a boot sequence that launches photon on an embedded (x86) device. When we start with the standard install (from CD installation with enum_devices, inputtrap, etc.) everything is fine. When we try launch photon by hand (Photon, devi-hid, io-graphics, etc.), the mouse works (I can click around and see mouse click events), but the cursor isn’t visible. The two commands that I think are of interest are:

devi-hid mouse kbd &
io-graphics -di830 xxxxx -pphoton hwcursor &

Looking at pidin arg, inputtrap query, etc. on the working startup show all the same arguments. Any thoughts?

Thx,
Bill

That is work for me:
devi-hirun kbd fd -d/dev/kbd ps2 mousedev
phfont -d /usr/photon/font_repository &
waitfor /dev/phfont
io-graphics -di830 vid=0x8086,did=0x3582,index=0,photon,xres=1600,yres=1200,bitpp=16,refresh=60 -pphoton hwcursor

Here are all the commands that I am using to launch usb drivers/photon, in case this helps.

[code]io-usb -duhci &
waitfor /dev/io-usb/io-usb

io-hid -dusb &
waitfor /dev/io-hid/io-hid

Photon -b 0x666666 &
waitfor /dev/photon

starting input devices

devi-hid kbd mouse touch &

phfont -D $PHOTON_PATH/font_repository -d $PHOTON_PATH/font_repository -X &
waitfor /dev/phfont

fontsleuth -d $PHOTON_PATH/font_repository &

io-graphics -f -C $PHOTON_PATH/config/crtc-settings -di830 vid=0x8086,did=0x27a2,index=0,photon,xres=1024,yres=768,bitpp=32,refresh=60 -pphoton hwcursor &

pwm -b 0x666666 &[/code]

Something else I discovered today. If I manually do the mkfontdir, do_font steps as done in /usr/bin/ph, the good /etc/system/config/font-traplist contains phcursor.phf, but the one run by hand doesn’t. But I can’t seem to figure out the difference. Everything in the font_repository directory matches.

Try export PHOTON2_PATH=/usr/photon(you path to photon)