QNX 4.25 + DiskOnChip 80MB(MD2203-D80)

Hello,

I´m having some problems to install QNX 4.25 on 80MB diskonchip, although I have sucessfully instaled QNX 4.25 on 36MB and 48MB diskonchip. Is there any difference between the 80MB and 36MB disks???

Here goes my Makefile to install QNX:

formating DiskonChip

format:
dformat
Fsys.diskonchip
ls /dev/tffs0

Create partition spanning entire disk

partition:
fdisk /dev/tffs0 add -f 1 QNX ALL
fdisk /dev/tffs0 boot QNX
fdisk /dev/tffs0 loader
fdisk /dev/tffs0 show

Mount filesystem

mountfs:
mount -p /dev/tffs0
ls /dev/tffs0t77
dinit -h /dev/tffs0t77
dinit -hb /dev/tffs0t77
mount /dev/tffs0t77 /diskonchip
ls /diskonchip

Boot file

boot_utr:
cp /clone/.boot /diskonchip/.boot

Copy Necessary files:

cpfiles:
cp -R /clone/files /diskonchip

#END

Is there something wrong with this procedure??

Best regards!

I missed on detail! :slight_smile:
The problem is that the system does not boot!

With size in the same range, i don’t see what difference it could make. Unless it’s a different “generation” of device, which would required a different procedure

What do you mean by does not boot? what exactly are you seeing?

Hello Mario,

I looked at the datasheet of diskonchip. The 32MB, 48MB and 80MB are in the same family(DiskOnChip 2000 MD2200/2/3).
The problem is that if I Install QNX 4.25 in the 80MB diskonchip I can´t boot. But I do can mount diskonchip if I boot from QNX on the harddisk.
With the 32MB and 48MB diskonchip everything works fine! I can boot QNX with then.

I know that my 80MB diskonchip is fine because I can install QNX 6.2.1 and it works! I can boot!!!
Well…this is very strange. I don´t know what to do. I was supposed to be simple isn´t it???

Regards!

What exactly happen when it doesn’t boot?

Mario, here is the error message:

DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER.

maeda, it’s a common occurrence if you have different versions of DOC firmware and QNX utils. I think your DOC firmware is 5.14 but formatter and driver are 4.2. Try to use 5.14 utils in QNX. Also you can set 4.2 firmware into your DOC using DOS utils (but only if 4.2 understands 80mb).