MOXA PCI RS485 board , Need your help

Hi all,

I have 2 computers connected via MOXA PCI RS485 board,Generally , The communication is good.

But when I using ‘shutdown -f’ command to reboot one of computerA,and the other computerB keep sending data to computerA. The devc-ser8250 can’t startup , and the Screen shows “out of interrupt events:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Any ideas ? Pls help :blush: :blush: :blush: ,

Thanks in advance.

If you hardware reset or power cycle computerB while computerA is sending data will it restart correctly?

if I power off ,then power on , can restart correctly .

but reset cannot .

my os is qnx6.3.2

My guess (and it is a guess) is that the MOXA board doesn’t reset properly when hw reset is active. You might ask them if this is a known issue.

If this is the case then the card interrupts need to be masked off when devc-ser8250 is not running.

Ideas? I dunno, you might modify devc-ser8250 to mask off interrupts on the card on SIGTERM. If improper reset is the problem then this could fix the warm boot problem. To fix it in the general sense you might modify the IPL to mask off card interrupts at boot time and then devc-ser8250 can reenable them when it starts up.

I once had an old Wyse PC whose BIOS did not properly initialize the 8259s on reset that led to similar types of issues.