Can qnx use on touchscreen?

SOLVED!

This is what I’ve done:

1. I downloaded the patches rgallen linked (these ones) and I’ve installed them following the instructions of the installation note.
    Here is where I had the problem of the blocking when “Detecting input devices…”. Today I realized it was because of the permissions of the patches. After untaring the patches and before installing them they must have execution permissions.

2. Once I’ve installed them properly, when rebooting the touchscreen did nothing. The drivers must be started:

#mount -T io-hid touchintl.so
#devi-hid touch

1. And finally the calibration with calib command :- >>

I’ve uploaded a video to youtube, so when it’s ready I’ll link it for Ingraham and xuyong to see my touchscreen works… Thanks everyone, specially rgallen! :- >>

This is the video: youtube.com/watch?v=O-JfAiBCv9A

Thanks for posting all the links!

Well I’ll be a monkey’s uncle. We now have a touchscreen working in QNX, for the first time in ten years of trying.

grillosolitario, thank you very much. We wouldn’t have gotten it working without your tips.

rgallen, thank you very much. Without the patch, and the encouragement, we wouldn’t even have tried.

A note to those watching; the model number we used is an Elo 1915L, E266835 to be specific, on USB.

In defense of my original statements: the patch that rgallen pointed out is from December of '07. So this would have worked only for the last few months. The touchscreen did NOT work until the patch was applied.

-James Ingraham
Sage Automation, Inc.

Great! So sorry it was so difficult. Thanks for sticking with it!

Great :- >>

That was something I was thinking about, I’ve been lucky I’ve tried it when the pacthces already existed.

I have had the same problem with the ELO touch driver.
I start the driver in root/.ph/phapps and use the -F option to not reset the device at startup. I am not sure why not resetting the device works but it does.

Good Luck