Development host OS pros/cons

What’s not possible?

If you are ready to learn all the commands, running gdb from the command line should work just fine.

I do that, when desperate enough. Usually I stick to printf debugging. Still, depressingly bad compared to the old Watcom 4.2x debuggers.

I thought about writing a front end, ala DDD or the previously mentioned Workspace. But it just wasn’t worth the effort.

Not having native Photon versions of Qt, GTK+, wxWidgets, FLTK, etc. really hurts the whole cross-platform thing. Granted, wvideo and wd were console-based, so I guess a curses front end would be fine. Anybody familiar with CGDB? http://cgdb.sourceforge.net

-James Ingraham
Sage Automation, Inc.

About GDB the web site says “The interface is inspired by the classic Unix text editor, vi”. That seems to me like it easier to learn gdb command line then to learn vi ;-)

I just installed cgdb on my unbuntu machine - it looks quite nice so far - a good compromise between the minimalist gdb interface and the gooey guys.

It should be an easy port to QNX, I’d imagine - it just needs a recent readline lib and ncurses.

My suspicions were confirmed - it was a straight configure make, and it works (at least cursorily - I haven’t tried TTY mode)

Hello mario,

What’s not possible?

How can I create and write a QNX4 filesystem on a Compact Flash card without the use of another PC or VMware, only with the win32 version of Momentics / SDP ?

I would be happy if I can give the windows version a try …

Best regards

Fiffi

To my knowledge that is not possible.