Qnx 6.3.0 momentics for windows SP1 Update to SP3

Hello,
I have installed the QNX momentics 6.3.0 SP1 on my windows with non commercial license.

I can’t update it to SP3 (I have a serial number, but no password required on the QNX website to download the ISO).

Is there a way to download the SP3 (including the SP2) or not ?

Educhene,

It’s been so long now that I can’t quite remember if there is an upgrade only from SP1 to SP3.

I do know that SP3 came as a full install because that’s the CD I created from the iso I downloaded.

Is there not just a full SP3 install for you to download? Or failing that a 6.3.2 (which is 6.3.0 SP3 plus a few other goodies).

Tim

Tim,

you said 6.3.2 is 6.3.0 SP3 plus a few other goodies : it means that program developped under 6.3.2 and build is fully compatible under 6.3.0 SP3 (without using goodies, elaborated functions …) ?

Educhene,

Unfortunately no.

Now most programs developed under 6.3.2 will be fully compatitible with 6.3.0 SP3 but some won’t.

It all depends on exactly what your program is doing and more importantly what libraries/system calls it links against. I think (someone may correct me) that if you link statically you’ll be fine (assuming the call exists in 6.3.2 and 6.3.0 SP3). It’s dynamic linking where you’ll run into problems.

Tim

Ok, thanks