make not installed??

Hi,

I just installed QNX Neutrino Service Pack 1 and I went to compile my code from an earlier version of QNX, and I get the error:

/bin/sh: make: not found

I’ve been google-ing this like crazy and can’t find why this is happening. I’m burning the .iso for Service Pack 3 to see if anything changes, but I doubt it. Any suggestions??

Thanks…

Shawniecas,

It sounds like something got messed up during the install. Were there any errors reported?

If you do a ‘echo $PATH’ what you do see listed?

make is located in /usr/qnx630/host/qnx6/x86/usr/bin/

You can check that directory to see if it’s there. My guess is that it is and your PATH doesn’t have /usr/qnx630… in it. Maybe in QNX 6.3.0 pre SP1 make was located someplace else and you just need to now add this directory to your path.

Tim

Tim,

I thought that could be the problem as well. My path is as follows…not that it helps…

/sbin:/usr/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/photon/bin:/usr/photon/appbuilder:/opt/X11R6/bin:/usrX11R6/bin:/usr/local/bin:/opt/bin:/opt/sbin

But QNX Neutrino lets you search the whole computer and there is no record of “make”

I have installed QNX 3 times now and I still get nothing. I’m really just out of ideas. I don’t understand why it wouldn’t have it…everything else seems to be in its place…idk…

Shawniecas,

as already guessed by Tim, there is no path to the development tools.

try “find / -name make” to see if make is installed on the system.

BTW: 6.3.0 SP1 is quite old - I recommend to use SP3 at least.

-Peter

Thanks all, but I think I found the problem…apparently I need QNX Momentics as well to have development tools. So Neutrino is essentially useless by itself I guess…

Thanks anyways

Useless for development, yes.

As useless for development as Windows?