phlip - alias entries

QNX 6.5

I make an alias entry with ‘add’ for en0. When I ‘apply’, the entry disappears. Ifconfig en0 shows the alias IP address and I can ping it.
This alias is not persistent after reboot. It is, when I make a manual entry in /etc/net.cfg

However, when I launch phlip once again and close without making entries or applying/saving anything, the manual entry (the line starting with ‘alias …’) in /etc/net.cfg is lost and I’m back to the non-alias configuration from the start.

================================================== /etc/net.cfg

nto network config file v1.2

version v1.2

[global]
hostname GLT-Naurod
domain naurod
nameserver 192.168.178.11
route 192.168.178.11 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0
lookup file bind

[en0]
type ethernet
mode manual
manual_ip 192.168.178.24
manual_netmask 255.255.255.0
alias 192.168.178.123 255.255.255.0

[en1]
type ethernet
mode manual
manual_ip 10.227.3.24
manual_netmask 255.255.255.0

I have the workaround as described above, but it’s a little bit annoying. Does anyone know more where I’m wrong ?
Helge

I haven’t tried this, but it looks like you have found a bug in philip. The obvious kludge solution is to make a backup copy of the working net.cfg file and copy it back at boot time before net.cfg is processed.
If you have a service contract with QNX you might want to report this to them.

Thank you for the quick answer.

My tongue reported that the burgundy was excellent, and Martin reassured me that it might NOT have been too much of it when I was feeling this issue out.
I don’t have a support plan, but I filed a maybe-bugreport to QNX anyway. As I said, I don’t care too much about this, it’s just a little bit annoying.

Kindly, Helge