Several reboots at boot time QNX6.5

Hello. I’m new in QNX.
I have system with QNX Neutrino 6.5 installed on my PC, when i turn on it i got several reboots occur during system boot.
1.Is this a normal situation or something wrong?
2.Also please tell me where can I see the system logs?

Hi Bor,

1. That’s not normal. But how do you know you are getting several reboots during system boot. I would think that either it boots successfully the 1st time or it never does.

2. The command ‘sloginfo’ will print out the system logs to the screen (the actual file is normally located in /var/logs). But that assumes the system logger is running. You can check to see if it’s running by doing a ‘pidin’ command and looking for a process called ‘slogger’.

Tim

Thanks for your reply.

1. When the PC has booted, I am logged in as a runuser and can see the desktop, then it reboots and so several times.
  2. Сommand ‘sloginfo’ showed the following… in attach

Hi Bor,

There is nothing unusual in that log. Just normal boot up stuff regarding found hardware etc. One thing to note is that the log file is normally just in RAM so it just contains the log messages since the last boot. If you want permanent log data (across reboots) you have to specify that to slogger (which probably means you need a new boot image file).

When you say you see the desktop several times do you mean the Photon GUI or the shell (which is what you showed in your screen shot)?

Tim