export display

Is there any way to export the display i see on my QNX screen to a file viewable by windows? any text or image file will do

Press Print Screen key, will let you do a screenshot, then you can save in a variety of formats.

Cheers

Garry

thanks a lot. this will help. how do i save after i do a screen shot? (this is my first time using QNX)

After you do your snapshot, the picture will turn up in Photon Viewer, and you can just go to ‘Save As…’ and save it as whatever filename you like, make sure you put on a file extension for the format you want, screen.jpg, screen.png etc.

Cheers

Garry

I am not currenty using a GUI. is there a way to do this from the command prompt?

Not sure, but if you’re not running Photon, then I expect there will not be anything to screengrab anyway? If Photon is running but for whatever reason you cannot see it, you could run phditto to see the screen remotely.

Thanx. I’ll give that a try

when i take a screen shot i get a screen that has a box for printer and location. I select print to file. I type in dos/b/screen.jpg
i get an error saying “could not open printer” i’m not trying to print (i don’t have a printer). i just want to save. suggestions??
btw i’m using photon