malloc3r.lib: where to find one?

Here ( ftp://ftp.qnx.com/usr/free/tmp/libmalloc.tgz ) is what I believe to be an [un]finished attempt to make the malloc3r.lib (and may be malloc3s.lib).

In the libmalloc/bin there are some tests that I belive are supposed to make sure of no memory leaks in the library functions. Seems - there is the leak…

Did anyone sucseed in making the usable library?

From memory the main goal of that library is to based allocation on mmap thus being able to return memory to the OS once freed.

Why do you beleive it’s unfinish.

Well… I dunno…
Just feel so after trying to run those /libmalloc/bin binaries, their reports made me feel (because of the lack of textual documentation and insufficient understanding of C to fully get the idea from the /libmalloc/testing/*.c) that there is the memory leak.

Besides, when I try to recompile /libmalloc/lib with the *.o from the tarball I get very different result than if I compile all from clean.
I get both libmalloc3r.a and libmalloc3s.a the same size if I do them myself and they differ if I do from the supplied object files…
There are some *.bak files there - tarball does not look like the distribution, you see…

I’m confused if I just may copy the tarball’s /lib/libmalloc3*.a as /usr/lib/malloc3*.lib

Please comment.

Have you tried ftp:/usr/free/qnx4/os/libs/libmalloc3r.lib

Wow!
I’ll try it now…