qcc help

This is a really dumb question, but I wouldn’t ask if it wasn’t a significant problem.

I have installed several versions of the QNX 6 software over the last few days. QNX 6 for windows, which boots of a floppy crashes before Photon loads, and I had a version 6 ISO from this site which had horrendously bad video support, and the 6.2 ISO which actually seems pretty good. THe ISO installations I have been running in VMWare under XP.

Anyway, all I want this program for is qcc, but I don’t seem to be able to find it in QNX. I assumed it would just be accessable from any part of the path by type qcc in the terminal window

This doesn’t seem to be the case. Maybe I have to install it from a package? UNfortunately all the packages seem inaccessable to me since my CD drive is not mounting from within Photon. I have no idea what the mount command is. Its a standard CD drive.

Any ideas on qcc, or mounting the CD drive?

thnx

I suspect you never finished the 6.2.1 install, since it needs to access the CD after it reboots into QNX.

If you are running under vmware, you should be able to tell it to either use the physical drive or use the iso and it should just work (at least it does for me). If you are installing native, it is possible that you drive is a slave with no master, ot something. QNX is more picky than windows about following the standard.

If you get the cd visible, run ‘qnxinstall’ as root and it should finish the installation.

Rick…