installing orinoco wireless pc-card

Hi guys,
I installed QNX6.2.1 on digital logic pc-104.
After that I attached a pcmcia adapter and orinoco wireless gold pc-card.
I tryied to type ‘io-net -d /lib/dll/devn-roinoco.so’ but I got the message like ‘unable to init dll devn-/lib/dll/devn-orinoco.so: No such device’.

Should I install the qnx6.2.1 again after I attached the wireless card? or is there any method to make the wireless card work?

Actuall, I wanna connect my laptop(winxp) to the pc-104(qnx6.2.1) with two orinoco gold pccard. I set my laptop up peer-to-peer. then, What should I do for pc104(QNX6.2.1) further?

I’ll be appreciate it if anyone can help me.
Thanks

Hrm. When I load up my Orinoco PCMCIA card, I either bootup with card in (or plug it in and issue devp-pccard), and in my little script to get wLAN up which contains : ‘io-net -d orinoco key=MYKEY,mac=MYMAC,default_key=1,verbose=4,network=MYSSID -p tcpip’ and some other things. Though, if I understand right, you’re hooking up a PCMCIA sleeve-type-thing to it first, you might have to check if that is recognized and it can talk through it to the orinoco card. And for Peer-to-Peer you’ll probably need IBSS mode, which is Ad-hoc’ing and I have no clue what to put in ‘mode =’ for io-net as of now. Check the devn-orinoco.so HTML/man pages. So, er, yeah.

Ciao.

Thanks semen,

I bootup with card in, and in my little script to get wLAN up which contains : ‘io-net -d orinoco key=MYKEY,mac=MYMAC,default_key=1,verbose=4,network=MYSSID -p tcpip’ but I got the message ‘unable to init dll devn-orinoco:No such device’.

I think that my orinoco card is not recognized.
Does anybody know how I can check if the card is recognized?

Thanks

Well, I used ‘devp-pccard’ and I believe that the orinoco card is recognized. and then typed ‘io-net -d orinoco key=MYKEY,mac=MYMAC,default_key=1,verbose=4,network=MYSSID -p tcpip’ and got the message

Vender … 0x0
Device … 0x0
Revision … 0x0
I/O port base … 0x300
Interrupt … 0x5
MAC address … 000xxxxxxxx

Then, what should I do next? I cannot use internet yet.

And for peer to peer, I think ‘mode=ad hoc’. So does it correct to type ‘io-net -d orinoco mac=MYMAC,default_key=1,verbose=4,mode=ad hoc -p tcpip’?

Please, let me know step by step procedure to set up the wireless pc-card.

Thanks

You need to pass in the ioport and irq to the driver. You can get this from the output of “pin”.

and by MYKEY and MYSSID, I meant I use those as my WEP key and my SSID. You’ll have to put those in yourself for your specific AP. You can check with nicinfo to see the network information on your NIC.

I put the irq=5 but I don’t know what to put for the ioport. I put my own mykey and myssid.
The following is what I put and check. Are everything done well?
I still cannot use network through wireless pccard. do I need further step?

Thanks

devp-pccard

pin

Sock Func Type Flags PID Base Size IRQ
1 0 Network C—I-±------- None 0x300 64 5
1 Empty ----MF---------- None
2 Empty ----MF---------- None
2 Empty ----MF---------- None

io-net -d orinoco key=4xxx,irq=5,mac=0xxx,default_key=1,verbose=4,network=gxxx -p tcpip

ORiNOCO

Vendor … 0x0
Device … 0x0
Revision … 0x0
I/O port base … 0x300
Interrupt … 0x5
MAC address … 0xxx

nicinfo

ORiNOCO 802.11 Wireless Ethernet Controller
Physical Node ID … 00022D 077388
Current Physical Node ID … 00022D 077388
Media Rate … 11.00 Mb/s half-duplex WIRELESS