QNX6.2 and netbooting problems

I have recently installed QNX 6.2 and now I am trying to set it up as I used to setup QNX4.25. One thing I liked about QNX4.25 was the easy way to download a boot image to a diskless client via BOOTP and TFTP and then using the root of the server file system as the root of the client file system. Has anyone managed to do something similar with QNX 6?

At the moment I have a boot image that starts TCP/IP and NFS to use the server file system. But my biggest problem at the moment is to come up with a sufficiently small boot image.

I tried a 3Com905C card with managed boot agent and DHCP and an Intel Etherpro card with boot agent and PXE . Both cards load the boot image into conventional memory (<640K). I only got it working with the Etherpro card (boot image is 548K), because the Ethernet driver for the Intel chip is smaller than the 3Com chip (boot image is 552K). But I am worried what will happen, if in a future release of QNX6 the driver size will increase.

Are there other ways to download a larger boot image across the network? I have seen ‘GRUB loader’ being mentioned somewhere.

Which tcpip stack are you using? Care to post your build file?

Due to the size contraints I am using the tiny TCP/IP stack.
Here is the boot image. I can’t see anything that I could take out
and place into the sysinit, or so.

[virtual=x86,bios +compress] boot = {
startup-bios -Nnetboot
PATH=/proc/boot:/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/proc/boot:/dev/shmem:/lib:/dll procnto
}

[+script] startup-script = {
seedres
pci-bios &
waitfor /dev/pci
io-net -dspeedo -pttcpip if=en0:192.168.1.61:255.255.255.0,default=192.168.1.254,verbose=1 &
waitfor /dev/io-net/en0
waitfor /dev/socket
fs-nfs2 192.168.1.2:/x86 / 192.168.1.2:/ /nfsserver &
waitfor /sbin
SYSNAME=nto
TERM=qansi
/sbin/devc-con -n4 &
reopen /dev/con1
[+session] /bin/ksh -c /etc/rc.d/rc.netinit
}
[type=link] /tmp=/dev/shmem
[type=link] /usr/lib/ldqnx.so.2=/proc/boot/libc.so